Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@moh.96

Nope, exactly, but I fixed that, didn't I? It worked on my machine... Maybe I need to check if I screwed something up with the release xD.

oh my bad I think I was using old version of your tool, I checked it now and it’s fixed
Sorry

Hello, I have Lenovo Thinkpad L460, it works with opencore 0.6.1 but battery is not showing, I tried using the ssdt-bat and ssdt-batc from sniki's Thinkpad x240 efi cause that one was working for my x240. I was thinking it would work since they have the same battery, but still it does not work. I tried using SSDT for T460 but also it did not work. Hope someone can help me get the battery status working. Thank you.

Attachments

• L460 EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 42
  • DSDT.dsl
    530.8 KB · Views: 34
Hello, I have Lenovo Thinkpad L460, it works with opencore 0.6.1 but battery is not showing, I tried using the ssdt-bat and ssdt-batc from sniki's Thinkpad x240 efi cause that one was working for my x240. I was thinking it would work since they have the same battery, but still it does not work. I tried using SSDT for T460 but also it did not work. Hope someone can help me get the battery status working. Thank you.
Provide a vanilla untouched dsdt.aml

I’ve already made a patch for similar laptop (Thinkpad E580) it has the exact same registers so it should be easy

I’ll make the patch tomorrow as I’m heading to sleep now

Provide a vanilla untouched dsdt.aml

I’ve already made a patch for similar laptop (Thinkpad E580) it has the exact same registers so it should be easy

I’ll make the patch tomorrow as I’m heading to sleep now
Thank you, here is the dsdt.aml I extracted using hackintool

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    69.2 KB · Views: 31
Thank you, here is the dsdt.aml I extracted using hackintool

Give this EFI a try

* Always keep a backup
* Reset nvram before booting

Attachments

• EFI-L460.zip
    2 MB · Views: 72
Nope there is still a delay but i think i can live with that. Maybe a new version of VirtualSMCBattery kext will solve the problem. When i have time i will try to open an issue report on github and see what they answer. Or i could try an older VirtualSMC version ..

Thanks again !

Mattia
Hello, so today I was messing around with my dsdt and I was able to reproduce the problem you have, can you share your EFI ? ( it's better to delete your serial number, MBL, SystemUUID and mac address from config.plist)

Its working now, thanks! Btw can I also use this for other L460 or is the patch specific for my machine? We have some spare L460 in our office, and I'm thinking of hackintoshing them too.
You are welcome
theoretically it should work for other laptops with the same model

I have everything working on a Lenovo T450s Catalina except for the battery percentage. I've done a hack of a hack, took bits and pieces of other people's files and somehow have a mostly working hackintosh. Could you help a brother out with the battery patch?

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 30
  • EFI.zip
    5 MB · Views: 59
Hello, so today I was messing around with my dsdt and I was able to reproduce the problem you have, can you share your EFI ? ( it's better to delete your serial number, MBL, SystemUUID and mac address from config.plist)

Attached you will find my EFI. I've deleted SN,MBL e SystemUUID from the config.plist ..
At the moment there is some garbage in the ACPI folder because I was messing around with a lot of small adjustment ...

Let me know what you think !

Thanks
Mattia

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.4 MB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back