Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had an idea, to reuse the old hot-patches from the original config.plist, and the system was able to load the table without any error, but the battery indicator still not working.

I think maybe that ProBook SSDT wasn't working my laptop after all.

I verified the patch before applying it to the dsdt

run this in terminal and send me the output, also open MaciASL and save the opened System DSDT and send it
Code:
Log show --last boot | grep -i acpi

Attachments

• acpi.txt
    32.9 KB · Views: 46
  • System DSDT.dsl
    1 MB · Views: 36
@martinlhzy
the SSDT-BAT will load of course since you applied EC0 to EC patch
I took some notes from the old patches and made this EFI so give it a try
Remember to keep a backup and reset nvram before booting

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
@martinlhzy
the SSDT-BAT will load of course since you applied EC0 to EC patch
I took some notes from the old patches and made this EFI so give it a try
Remember to keep a backup and reset nvram before booting

Finally! It's working like a charm.

Only 2 ACPI error left, but neither of them connected to the battery, so I'll just leave out them I guess.

Thank you so much!

Now I can done those patches what left from the old SSDT-zbG2b, I'll definitely give you the credit on the thread of the HP forum.

Attachments

• acpi.txt
    36.5 KB · Views: 46
@martinlhzy
That’s great !!! happy to help :))

it's better to read the guide and start from scratch imo, so you can understand more what patches to use

anyways about that ACPI error just add SSDT-XOSI to your ACPI and config and the error should be solved

@BlvckBytes
One more thing which I believe it's kinda difficult, in dsdt of HP OMEN 15 (also attached) there is SMD0 which is found in Field ERAM and needs to be patched (256 bit) and another one in Field PNVA (8 bit) which doesn't need to be patched

The problem is SMD0 (256 bit) is used in Method SMWR only while SMD0 (8 bit) used in scope SB.PCI0.I2C0 method _CRS, _STA and in scope _SB.PCI0.SIRC method _CRS

The tool detects all the method (SMWR,_CRS,_STA) as methods needs to be patched

Oh, right, so you mean that there can be multiple variables with different scopes... :/. I already learned how to fetch the scopes something is in tho, so I just also need to apply it to fields. Still, tough...

I think I've fixed your problems 1 and 2. Could you validate that for me? Two pairs of eyes are always better than just one.

Oh, right, so you mean that there can be multiple variables with different scopes... :/. I already learned how to fetch the scopes something is in tho, so I just also need to apply it to fields. Still, tough...

I think I've fixed your problems 1 and 2. Could you validate that for me? Two pairs of eyes are always better than just one.

Problem 1 is solved (it detects all the method that needs to be patched)
problem 2 I don't think it was solved (although I don't think it's important to solve )

Another new problem (with dsdt of my laptop Lenovo ideapad 330s-15ikb) which is incorrectly calculated offset of DENA register and the following registers

Code:
                Offset (0x8B),
                TSHT,   8,
                DENA,   64,
                CHEM,   32,
                BAAC,   16,
                RTE0,   16,
                ATE0,   16,
                ATF0,   16,
                FWIN,   64,
                BARC,   128,
The tool calculated DENA offset (0x8B) which is incorrect (it should be 0x8C) thus all next registers were incorrectly calculated (CHEM, BACC ...)

Attachments

• Lenovo ideapad 330s.zip
    100.2 KB · Views: 34
@moh.96

Could you explain to me what issues about 2.) still persist? And thank you, I will look into it.

@moh.96

Could you explain to me what issues about 2.) still persist? And thank you, I will look into it.
BST1 is used in Method _BST
Debug = "BST1 Start"

There’s no need to patch this method, right?
cuz its just a text (not a code)

@moh.96

Nope, exactly, but I fixed that, didn't I? It worked on my machine... Maybe I need to check if I screwed something up with the release xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back