Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you solved about the battery patch?Having a chuwi corebook pro i3 6157U...everything works fine under Big Sur, only status indicator...already tried the patch posted before, nothing...attacked current situation
See my last post on page 109. The DSDT is patched for CHUWI COREBOOK PRO

For those who need CHUWI COREBOOK PRO I3 6157U, EFI folder, here it is! It works even with BIG SUR!
Enjoy!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.5 MB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 14.34.29.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 14.34.29.png
    415.5 KB · Views: 99
I've tried to patch my battery with 1Revenger1's BatteryPatcher. I ended up with this error:
Unknown ECAV (node:18100) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read property 'scope' of undefined at C:\Users\username\Desktop\BatteryPatcher-master\program\SSDT.js:212:45 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at C:\Users\username\Desktop\BatteryPatcher-master\program\SSDT.js:184:25 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at C:\Users\username\Desktop\BatteryPatcher-master\program\SSDT.js:163:26 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at new SSDT (C:\Users\username\Desktop\BatteryPatcher-master\program\SSDT.js:145:18) at BatteryPatcher.crawler (C:\Users\username\Desktop\BatteryPatcher-master\program\Index.js:307:22) at BatteryPatcher.main (C:\Users\username\Desktop\BatteryPatcher-master\program\Index.js:429:28) at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5) (Use node --trace-warnings ...to show where the warning was created) (node:18100) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag--unhandled-rejections=strict (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 2) (node:18100) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    43.6 KB · Views: 44
@grint

You should open up an issue in that author's repo, it seems like you triggered another edge-case that didn't get accounted for.

Hi,
I'm in need of an advice!
I've patched four laptops successfully but now I'm stuck on a Huawei Matebook X 2020 (non Pro version).
I can't find EmbeddedControl anywhere so I don't know how to procede with Rehabman guide.
I will attach my untouched DSDT.AML so maybe someone could point me in the right direction. I can patch the file myself I just need help to find where to patch it
Thanks
Mattia

P.S. If I just install SMCBatteryManager I've a full working battery. It shows when is charging and when is not but I just want to be sure I don't have to patch something anyway.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    244 KB · Views: 47
Hi,
I'm in need of an advice!
I've patched four laptops successfully but now I'm stuck on a Huawei Matebook X 2020 (non Pro version).
I can't find EmbeddedControl anywhere so I don't know how to procede with Rehabman guide.
I will attach my untouched DSDT.AML so maybe someone could point me in the right direction. I can patch the file myself I just need help to find where to patch it
Thanks
Mattia

P.S. If I just install SMCBatteryManager I've a full working battery. It shows when is charging and when is not but I just want to be sure I don't have to patch something anyway.
same with my Asus laptop, just by using SMCBatteryManager.kext, shows battery monitor, charging and discharging with no issues so haven't bothered with patching

Greetings!

I'm not new to the Hackintosh scene, and I was able to put up and running the device where I'm typing right now, however the battery patch is something is eluding me, I've read over and over RehabMan's guide and some other tips from other posts here, but I'm not been able to make it work

I'm attaching my full EFI folder, (Open Core), and inside it, my DSDT.aml file as well, the 2nd attachment is the specsk of the laptop, so you guys can have an idea and help me out

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22 MB · Views: 43
  • HARDWARE INFO.txt
    929 bytes · Views: 40
Greetings!

I'm not new to the Hackintosh scene, and I was able to put up and running the device where I'm typing right now, however the battery patch is something is eluding me, I've read over and over RehabMan's guide and some other tips from other posts here, but I'm not been able to make it work

I'm attaching my full EFI folder, (Open Core), and inside it, my DSDT.aml file as well, the 2nd attachment is the specsk of the laptop, so you guys can have an idea and help me out
I'm not seeing any sort of battery monitor kext - Make sure to add SMCBatteryManager (or ACPIBatteryManager). If you still need to do patching after that point, you could try using ECEnabler.kext first. That kext allows reading and writing to EC fields over 8 bits

Edit: I see my Battery Patcher program floating around here as well - please don't use it. It wasn't meant to be used (yet) and is a dumpster fire of a program. ECEnabler works much better and isn't a dumpster fire. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not seeing any sort of battery monitor kext - Make sure to add SMCBatteryManager (or ACPIBatteryManager). If you still need to do patching after that point, you could try using ECEnabler.kext first. That kext allows reading and writing to EC fields over 8 bits
okay, just a note

I just finished the installation a day ago, and one of the things recommended was to no set up any kind of battery monitor while installing, hope that just adding the kext will fix it

----EDIT----

Added SMCBatteryManager.kext and ECEnabler.kext, now the battery readouts are ok, but I lost Trackpad / NubStick functionality, trying to figuring out how to fix it

Last edited:
@1Revenger1

Wow, so are you saying you've just eliminated all further needs of ACPI-Patching regarding EC-Regions with that small amount of code? Damn, that's an ingenious way of solving things! Happy to see such big changes for laptop-users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back