Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am having a really hard time trying to patch my HP OMEN 5 laptop DSDT.aml file, can u please help brother out? My hardware specifications are: Chipsets: Intel HM370, CPU: Intel i5-9300H, Graphics: Intel UHD 630 and Nvidia GTX 1650(Disabled in macOS), added another 8GB memory chip FYI. I have my dsdt file and config.plist attached. I would really appreciate the effort.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    315.7 KB · Views: 43
  • config.plist
    33.4 KB · Views: 45
Hi, I have an HP15 ay170ng (i7-7500u) and I am running OC 0.6.5 and cata 15.7 . I am trying to solve this last thing of the battery status. I did this dsdt patch suggested and it was very easy since I had to break only one item that was referred to, but obviously it doesn't work. Can you suggest me where to look at?

Attachments

• OC.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
  • origin.zip
    81.6 KB · Views: 43
My ssdt-batt is working but read outs is missing and i can't fix it if only someone made a video on youtube he will teach a lot of people and make money too

Hello, I have an HP 340s ( i7 1065g7 ).
I have bin trying to figure out how to patch battery but whit no success. I hope you could help me before i lose my minde.
I have managed to fix a lot but not the trackpad and battery indicator.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    270.1 KB · Views: 43
  • EFI.zip
    24.7 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Hi, I have a Lenovo Thinkbook13s (i5-8265U) and I am trying to get the battery indicator to work.
I followed this thread carefully and I created my own patch, however it doesn't work because of a problem with _BST method (I have attached the log file).
I hope you guys can help me with this.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 57
  • DSDT.aml
    270.3 KB · Views: 38
  • log_file.txt
    6.1 MB · Views: 74
Hi, I have a Lenovo Thinkbook13s (i5-8265U) and I am trying to get the battery indicator to work.
I followed this thread carefully and I created my own patch, however it doesn't work because of a problem with _BST method (I have attached the log file).
I hope you guys can help me with this.
your renames looks like clover renames

opencore renames differ, ie from the sample.plist:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>_Q11 to XQ11</string>
                <key>Count</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                X1ExMQ==
                </data>
                <key>Limit</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Mask</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>OemTableId</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                WFExMQ==
                </data>
                <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>Skip</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>TableLength</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>TableSignature</key>
                <data>
                </data>
            </dict>

I tried changing the renames, but unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem.

I can't figure out what is creating the problem with the _BST method (the error shown in the "log_file.txt" file).
It points me to the B1CR variable as a possible problem, which is actually a 16-bit variable, but looking at the patch I can't find the error.

I forgot to mention earlier that I'm on MacOS Big Sur (not sure if that's important) and that by putting the patched DSDT.aml file in the ACPI folder, the battery indicator works correctly.

Attachments

• renames.plist
    2.7 KB · Views: 53
Hello all. I have the HP Probook 430 G4 and this battery issue is driving me spare. I've tried the SSDT for 450 G4 but it did not work. Just gave me more errors. If you could assist with a SSDT for the 430 G4 I'd be eternally grateful. Here's my vanilla DSDT and current EFI. Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.1 MB · Views: 49
  • DSDT.aml
    119.1 KB · Views: 45
Hello, guys!

// Comment:

If you need any help, just post your native DSDT along with an existing rehabman patch, if it exists. Otherwise, I'll try to patch it from scratch. If you want me to implement it properly, post your EFI folder aswell.

I will help as many people as possible!

My solution was: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/opencore-battery-patch.295289/post-2101803

I am working on getting my laptop up and running with OpenCore, switching from clover right now... What works: Audio, USB, USBC (Data + External Monitors), Trackpad, Touchscreen, WiFi & BT. What doesn't: My DAMN battery indicator...

// Note: DO NOT follow this immense amount of GARBAGE I did below, it will only screw your system up. Scroll down further, I have this solved, use the other approach instead. (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/opencore-battery-patch.295289/post-2101803)

This patch works 100% for my laptop (with clover, patching DSDT): https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/battery/battery_Razer-Blade-2014.txt

I tried my BEST to get this working in OpenCore. What I came up with (step by step, so you get my train of thought right now):
* Renamed eisaID PNP0C0A to PNP0C99 (to disable DSDT BAT0 hooking from SMCBattery)
* Renamed Device BAT0 to BATX (to don't have overlapping names in same scope)
* Renamed eisaID PNP0C0D to PNP0C98 (to disable DSDT LID0 hooking from SMCBattery)
* Renamed Device LID0 to LIDX (to don't have overlapping names in same scope)
* Renamed eisaID PNP0C09 to PNP0C00 (to disable DSDT EC0 hooking from AppleACPIEC)

Then, I re-defined those devices in SSDTs. The SSDT-EC contains EC, LID0 and BAT0, copied from the Clover DSDT which got patched with the above patch from RehabMan. I added the External lines, which should point to the correct resources in main DSDT, at least I hope I did it correctly.

Now - what's the outcome? I actually got a battery indicator! And it goes down! But - it just does not go up or show the charging bolt symbol, so it's partially corruped. I have no further ideas, since my knowledge is very limited in the ASL language.

Attached: My OC EFI, my IOREG and my origin from clover - already run through iasl decompile.

Please - if someone has any ideas - help me out here, I would be so happy if open core would finally be complete - I'm pretty close! :)
Thank you lots!
Hi I really need your assistance with patching my battery on my GL702VSK please Im attaching my OC folder.

Attachments

• Config.plist
    25.3 KB · Views: 44
Hi I really need your assistance with patching my battery on my GL702VSK please Im attaching my OC folder.
forgot my dsdt.aml

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    182 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back