Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Can you help me with patching battery? For me is too hard to understand (((
HP EliteBook 840 G4
Intel Core i5-7200 Kaby-Lake

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.3 MB · Views: 64
I also need your assistance. I was unsuccessful at patching my battery. I have a MainGear Element 2 Laptop. It has an Intel Core i7-10750H (Comet Lake) a Intel HM470 Motherboard, Nvidia RTX 2060 and a Intel 630UHD.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    263.6 KB · Views: 51
  • EFI.zip
    11.6 MB · Views: 63
Have you solved about the battery patch?Having a chuwi corebook pro i3 6157U...everything works fine under Big Sur, only status indicator...already tried the patch posted before, nothing...attacked current situation

Attachments

• Schermata 2021-03-09 alle 17.14.27.png
    Schermata 2021-03-09 alle 17.14.27.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
As far as I could tell, you applied the renames from my garbage post (where I was just starting out learning about this), but those are the wrong ones. You need the renames for _BIF and _BST. I now made a Note on my post with those wrong renames - to not use them. I hope this helps for others to understand.

I've applied the right renames on your config, could you please download and replace it on your system? Then have a quick reboot and tell me whether or not it's still missing.
Please can you help me! I'm trying to enable patched SSDT (battery patch, rehabman) for High Sierra (Clover) on Mojave 10.14.6 (OpenCore 0.6.5) but it doesn't work.
- Attached:
OC / EFI
DSDT.aml

Thanks !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 75
  • ACPI dump.zip
    52.7 KB · Views: 46
hello i need help to patch LNV4070. I running Opencore 0.6.7 and Catalina. i3 4005U

Attachments

• dsdt_lnv.zip
    66.2 KB · Views: 40
@imajei

Please try the attached EFI-Folder, but definitely backup your current one.
I've integrated all changes into the EFI you provided.

It has been a long time since I've done the last patch tho, and your DSDT contains a section I'm not entirely sure about, so we'll have to test/debug this together.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.9 MB · Views: 59
@SecundeS

Please try the attached EFI, but back up your current state.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 51
@RayDawGGG

Please try the attached EFI, but back up your current state.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 49
Hi moh,
Thank you very much,
I did all the steps, and now the battery icon shows up, but with an X in the middle and 1% in the battery preferences (battery not detected).
I attach a screenshot.

I don't know what's wrong, maybe i need some other ssdt, or modifying the smcbattery kext. I hope you can help me!

Thanks in advance for your help.
If you're still searching for a solution, this patched DSDT will solve partially the problem. The packages returned by both _BST and _BIF methods, where wrong written according to ACPI specifications so I modified them to show correct information. Don't forget to RENAME H_EC to EC__. Battery information will be displayed correctly but remains one problem to solve - the correct power source. When the AC adapter is unpluged, the power source remains AC Adapter even if the percentage is decresing (Battery is not charged - shown up). If the system starts on battery, if you plug in the adapter, the power source displayed remains Battery, even if the battery charging is shown and the percentage is increasing. The problem is with the _PSR method, under ADP1 device. Apparently this method is accessing ECF2 Region before _REG method does, and OSPM is aborting _PSR execution witch returns PWRS (Zero - battery, One - adapter). I didn't found a solution to this problem yet.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    177.5 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back