Contribute
Register

OpenCore 0.7.9 - Catalina on Dell Optiplex 7050 micro; stuck in installation loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
HD 4600
Hi All,

I'm attempting to setup a Dell Optiplex 7050 micro as a hackintosh running Catalina. I have a couple of MacBooks that I don't want to update beyond Catalina (as I don't like look/feel of Big Sur), so I'd like to setup the hackintosh on Catalina for consistency.

Specs:
Optiplex 7050 micro
Bios: 1.20.0
CPU: Core i5-7600T @ 2.8Ghz
Ram: 1x 8GB DDR4
Storage: Crucial P5 2TB M.2 NVMe
Audio: RealTel ALC3234
Graphics: Intel HD 630 iGPU

I did my best to follow the offical OpenCore guide and I've created my installer USB. I can boot the installer, format the NVMe as APFS using Disk Util, then initiate the fresh install on the NVMe (I had to change 'CustomSMBIOSGuid' to false on the config.plist, otherwise my APFS disk was greyed out as an install location option and I got an error stating that I needed to update my firmware). Anyway, once the installer has run and copied over all the files to the NMVe, the pc then reboots and I end up back at the OpenCore boot menu but still with only two options: (1) install Mac OS Catalina (internal) or (2) reset VRAM.

Option 1 just obviously just reboots the installer USB to start the process all over again. After having run the installer, I would have thought there'd be a third option in the OpenCore boot menu for me to boot from and continue the installation. What have I missed?

I don't know if it'll help but I've attached my EFI folder just in case.

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 148
Hi All,

I'm attempting to setup a Dell Optiplex 7050 micro as a hackintosh running Catalina. I have a couple of MacBooks that I don't want to update beyond Catalina (as I don't like look/feel of Big Sur), so I'd like to setup the hackintosh on Catalina for consistency.

Specs:
Optiplex 7050 micro
Bios: 1.20.0
CPU: Core i5-7600T @ 2.8Ghz
Ram: 1x 8GB DDR4
Storage: Crucial P5 2TB M.2 NVMe
Audio: RealTel ALC3234
Graphics: Intel HD 630 iGPU

I did my best to follow the offical OpenCore guide and I've created my installer USB. I can boot the installer, format the NVMe as APFS using Disk Util, then initiate the fresh install on the NVMe (I had to change 'CustomSMBIOSGuid' to false on the config.plist, otherwise my APFS disk was greyed out as an install location option and I got an error stating that I needed to update my firmware). Anyway, once the installer has run and copied over all the files to the NMVe, the pc then reboots and I end up back at the OpenCore boot menu but still with only two options: (1) install Mac OS Catalina (internal) or (2) reset VRAM.

Option 1 just obviously just reboots the installer USB to start the process all over again. After having run the installer, I would have thought there'd be a third option in the OpenCore boot menu for me to boot from and continue the installation. What have I missed?

I don't know if it'll help but I've attached my EFI folder just in case.

Thanks
these should be set to -1:

Code:
<key>MinDate</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>MinVersion</key>
            <integer>0</integer>

these should be set to -1:

Code:
<key>MinDate</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>MinVersion</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
Brilliant! Thank you very much, that did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back