Nvidia GeForce GTX 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys!

It's been forever since I've been able to make it on to the boards but I've recently hit a wall and need some help. Here's my problem as short as possible but with enough background:

I went to work one day and everything was fine. I came back home and my computer was off and when I restarted it I couldn't get a picture on the monitors. Replacing the PSU didn't fix the problem so I pulled my old card (GeForce 9800 GT 1GB Silent Cell) and popped in a new card (GeForce GTX 650).

Now I can get an image when I turn it on but when I select a drive to boot from it just keeps restarting from the apple white screen. If I try to use iBoot I get the attached screen.

Additional info: I figured since my rig worked perfectly fine I was still running Snow Leopard 10.6.6 (if it isn't broke, don't fix it). I also had user DSDT installed from Lnx2Mac's build that this one is based on. Additionally, if plug either of my 2 drives into an old iMac I have via a SATA dock I can still access all of files.

So now I'm wondering what the best course of action is. I'm stumped. Any advice would be immensely appreciated.

As always, thanks guys!

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 468
Sorry for the late reply but thanks @defbref! I had trouble updating so now I'm not starting the process of getting everything working after starting over from scratch. At least now I can see what's going on ;P

my gtx560se , gt440 and gt210 don't know too.:banghead:

Hey Guys!

It's been forever since I've been able to make it on to the boards but I've recently hit a wall and need some help. Here's my problem as short as possible but with enough background:

I went to work one day and everything was fine. I came back home and my computer was off and when I restarted it I couldn't get a picture on the monitors. Replacing the PSU didn't fix the problem so I pulled my old card (GeForce 9800 GT 1GB Silent Cell) and popped in a new card (GeForce GTX 650).

Now I can get an image when I turn it on but when I select a drive to boot from it just keeps restarting from the apple white screen. If I try to use iBoot I get the attached screen.

Additional info: I figured since my rig worked perfectly fine I was still running Snow Leopard 10.6.6 (if it isn't broke, don't fix it). I also had user DSDT installed from Lnx2Mac's build that this one is based on. Additionally, if plug either of my 2 drives into an old iMac I have via a SATA dock I can still access all of files.

So now I'm wondering what the best course of action is. I'm stumped. Any advice would be immensely appreciated.

As always, thanks guys!

Kepler graphics cards are not compatible with Snow Leopard. In order to use it, you'll need to upgrade to Mountain Lion.

hello!

My hackintosh can recognise the gt560se card by adding the eft string into the NVx100.kexts(forgot the full name).
but not using the dsdt (don't know how to do with it).
however, the screen is freezed when I browse the youtube with safari.
I try to play mp4 with vlc player and it pops up error " qe/ci is disable".

does anyone know how to enable the qe/ci??

thanks,
Eric
CPU: E5300
Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2H
4GB RAM
INNO 3D GT560SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back