Contribute
Register

Ohchang's build: Gigabyte Z590 Vision G + i7-10700K + AMD RX580

Does this mean no BIOS splash screen either? No OpenCore boot menu?

Have you tried CMOS Reset?
My question is using the RX580 which is doing just fine. However, using RX6600 instead of RX580, when booting into MacOS (Ventura 13.6.1), the monitor sometimes has no signal and sometimes has signal, which is unstable. Is there any solution?

Last edited:
My question is using the RX580 which is doing just fine. However, when using RX6600 instead of RX580, the monitor sometimes has no signal when it is turned on, and sometimes has signal, which is unstable. Is there any solution?
The same questions again:
  • Is the signal reliability problem only in macOS? Or also affects BIOS and OpenCore boot menu?
  • Have you tried CMOS Reset?

• Is the signal reliability problem only in macOS? Or also affects BIOS and OpenCore boot menu?
1. Signal reliability issues only exist in macOS.
2. BIOS and OpenCore boot menu are not affected.
3. I have reset CMOS. The problem with RX6600 has been solved. Thanks.
4. Another question I have is why resetting the CMOS solves the problem with RX6600.

Last edited:
@rjlian,

I also have a Z590 setup using the RX6600 and my system works fine. The system should not be having problems with the signal, if you do there are two possible causes - 1) is that you are using an older HDMI cable or 2) you don't have enough power coming from the PSU. I would recommend at least an 850W PSU for the Z590.

To get it working you also need to make sure you have agdpmod=pikera added as a boot-arg and that any previous device settings for the RX580 are removed from the config.plist if they are present. I'd also advise to update to the latest OC, Lilu & Whatevergreen kexts.

@rjlian,

I also have a Z590 setup using the RX6600 and my system works fine. The system should not be having problems with the signal, if you do there are two possible causes - 1) is that you are using an older HDMI cable or 2) you don't have enough power coming from the PSU. I would recommend at least an 850W PSU for the Z590.

To get it working you also need to make sure you have agdpmod=pikera added as a boot-arg and that any previous device settings for the RX580 are removed from the config.plist if they are present. I'd also advise to update to the latest OC, Lilu & Whatevergreen kexts.
Hello,
Thanks for your response.
1. Can you share your EFI?
2. Reset CMOS as suggested by CaseySJ on post #272. At present, the problem of RX6600 has been solved.
3. My PSU uses 850W. There may be problems caused by using old HDMI cables. But doesn’t HDMI have downward compatibility? Maybe I should buy an HDMI 2.1 cable and test it out. Are there any required specifications for Monitor’s HDMI input port?

Last edited:
Why resetting the CMOS solves the problem with RX6600.
RX6600 black screen is a known issue (at least to me and some other people. :) )

My band-aid solution was removing -v in the boot-args or changing the NVMe speed, for example, from Gen4 to Gen3. Your band-aid was resetting the CMOS. I guess it’s caused by kexts loading sequences.

Hello,
Thanks for your response.
1. Can you share your EFI?
2. Reset CMOS as suggested by CaseySJ on post #272. At present, the problem of RX6600 has been solved.
3. My PSU uses 850W. There may be problems caused by using old HDMI cables. But doesn’t HDMI have downward compatibility? Maybe I should buy an HDMI 2.1 cable and test it out. Are there any required specifications for Monitor’s HDMI input port?
Hi @rjlian,

Yes sure. You can find it here > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...igabyte-vision-d-i9-11900k-amd-rx6600.317472/
Glad to hear your RX6600 issue has been solved.
As for the HDMI cable and monitor, they should be at least HDMI 2.0 or later.

Hello,
After your suggestion, I solved the monitor output problem of RX6600 by resetting the CMOS. But the sound output of RX6600 HDMI is missing. When using the RX580, it had no issues with its HDMI sound output. Is there any solution?

Today I upgraded from 13.6 to macOS Sonoma 14.1.2 using OpenCore 0.9.6 without any issues.

Edit: While Bluetooth works fine, Wi-Fi is not (Fenvi FV-T919). There are solutions to it, but all are very hacky. I will likely just get a new card, if I can find any good replacement.

Fenvi FV-T919: Requires a lot of patching, loss of security features
Intel AX210: Wi-Fi works with some kexts, but most fancy macOS features likes AirDrop / Continuity do not work

Edit 2: I applied the Fenvi FV-T919 hack. It worked out just fine without any problems.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back