i5-4690K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey,
Sorry for the clickbate, but I think I've really screwed myself here.
I have had my hackintosh for about 4 years now, and its gone without updating the entire time. I had been using OS X 10.9.5 the entire time, and never needed to update because all of the software that I needed was still operating fine on Mavericks.
Recently, things began to get outdated, and I wasnt able to update any of my programs because my version of OS X was too old, so I decided to jump back on tonymac to try to update.
I've been wrestling with everything now for something like 6 hours, and havent really gained any headway. But now I think I've made a huge mistake.
The latest decision I decided to make was to first back up my boot drive(obv), then just format the originial boot drive and basically start from scratch, just moving whatever I needed back onto it from the backup drive later on.
So I format the drive, and boot the computer back up using the boot drive to create a bootable USB and install High Sierra.
I installed High Sierra onto the boot drive in order to get the rest of the files needed to install it, but it automatically restarted instead of giving me the option like it usually does.
Now I can't boot up either drive, the backup or the original(because its been formatted)

I'm completely at a loss here. If you could save the part where you call me an idiot I'd appreciate it.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back