Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Jack Tramiel lives !!
The next custo mac mini for $300

http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_AMIGAmini.aspx

It is a Z68 .....

Well yes, CommodoreUSA is a great company...I know them, great folks especially Barry the owner! They have a lot more new gear coming this year.....in particular the new Intel-based Amiga 1000! It is being prepared at the moment:

>http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...97528365.64728.181491231869072&type=1&theater

This is my C64x I got from them, which I set up running Ubuntu 11.04 and Windows 7 triple booting with Commodore OS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZYLJwSVI5o&list=UUIrVQNrI4bfSE3b4PKFW4nA&index=11

And running Lion 10.7 from a USB stick...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caRNcAEYpnc&list=UUIrVQNrI4bfSE3b4PKFW4nA

Perhaps the simplest solution in your case is to remove the mini PCIe card that comes with the board; that card provides the bluetooth support (which you want to replace with your IOGear USB adapter) and Wifi (which does not work on OS X); so it seems you have no use for it.

The bluetooth of the mini PCIe board works great but will not wake up the computer (as far as I know). Is this why you decided to go with the IOGear adapter?

Yeah, that's exactly why I got the IOGear adapter, and it works beautifully without any huge mods. I didn't remove the onboard card at first because I thought I could just disable it in the EFI, but not so much... Removed it this evening and it worked out well, just had to re-pair my keyboard and trackpad. Now I can wake the system from a deep sleep without any issues. Uses less than 1W of power while asleep as well. B-e-a-utiful...

I just plugged it in to the PCI Express slot. I don't have a video card, so the slot is free.

DavidCling, How did you connect your TP-Link wireless to your Z77N?

Thanks

I just plugged it in to the PCI Express slot. I don't have a video card, so the slot is free.

My HDCP Saga

Ater being advised to try discreet graphics, picked up a gt640. Found out I have to do Graphics Enabler=No to even boot, then discovered I could no longer wake from sleep w/ dsdt, so went back to no dsdt, don't need hdmi audio anyway.

Still don't know if hdcp works, haven't tried it, but I do know I can no longer adjust overscan.
This is a real drag as my older hdtv doesn't have any scan settings.
With overscan off image is too small, with it on, edges are clipped pretty bad.

Any way to get my overscan slider back? (I had it with built in-graphics hd4000, but hdcp would not work)

Cheers -

Edit- hdcp works! Yay!...now to get my overscan slider back.

I have a question, I've read through the instructions and this thread and didn't see anything mentioned about this, I'm about to build mine and it's on order, but my monitor I'll be using doesn't support 1080p. The MAX resolution is 1680x1050. I should probably Uncheck the 1080p in Multibeast correct? Will 1680x1050 and other resolutions be available anyway when I get to the desktop?

Also thank you in advance for everything you guys have done, it is really appreciated.

Edit - Everything is ordered, MB, Processor, memory, putting it all on a 32gb SSD. Can't wait to try it out...

Dang, I'm building it today and I'm not sure whether to select that 1080p, I guess I'll leave it off.

I have had nothing but bad luck trying this in the past and I don't know why I thought this would be any different. Z77 wifi with 3770k, followed the bios setup instructions, gets to 9 minutes left on the installer and says installation failed. Tried different hard drive, different USB ports, now I'm trying a different unibeast install USB stick. Will update shortly although it looks like the thread is inactive now.

Well I'm still reading it. At the moment I can't think of a good suggestion for you to try. Regarding your resolution question 3 posts above, I have 1600x900 listed but not 1680x1050 - but my hackintosh is connected via HDM to my TV and 1680x1050 is not a 16:9 resolution so I'm not surprised not to see it listed.

If you cannot get the installation to complete, list as much detail as you can about your hardware, and how things are connected.

32gb ssd connected to the white sata ports. Tried almost every USB port. Weird thing is one USB stick won't get past the apple logo without -x selected. The other USB stick was the one that was failing every time. Status right now, I'm in the middle of the install, -x got the second USB stick into the install. We will see if it gets past the 9 minute mark.

as for bios, I only made the suggested changes and everything else is at factory default.

the first USB stick though would get to 9 minutes left, then stop reading the stick for 4 or 5 minutes, then fail (on 2 different hard drives.)

ok update it got past the 9 min mark. I'll update again after the install finishes if it does.

Back