Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Hi all, new on the forum, first Hackintosh. And most things work - yay!

I followed the shopping list for the "deluxe version" with a GTX 660 Ti and an i7-3770 as close as possible (got a different brand PSU and SSD, also went with a Atheros 9280 Mini PCI-Card - still waiting for a Belkin BT-Adapter, that will hopefully work).

Once I turned off VT-d in BIOS, installation via Unibeast-USB was possible without any boot parameters - ethernet and wifi working right away, but no audio and no deep sleep.

Running MultiBeast with DSDT didn't work for me (boot-up stops after "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLCPDriver - failed to locate SMC driver // considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.driverAudioAUUC triggered rebuild")

Below is what I ended up using for now. Had to install network drivers, as ethernet functionality seems to get lost after installing the audio drivers.

Sleep now does work, wake up after doesn't (fans start spinning, screen shows "no signal")

I am not sure, where to go from here. Different MultiBeast settings? Nvidia driver?

Another minor, almost solved problem is the size of the alternative vga cooler, I put on the graphic card. I figured from some pictures, an Arctic Accelero Mono might fit in the Prodigy case. Well, its kinda close, but it doesn't. Now have to come up with some tinkered radiator grill for the hole...;)

Attachments

• arctic.jpg
    arctic.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 263
  • Bildschirmfoto 2012-11-07 um 01.37.30.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-11-07 um 01.37.30.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 377
I had similar problems waking my Hack from sleep (fans start spinning, monitor="no signal") - turning off Virtualization in BIOS did the trick for me (but if I'm correct, you have already disabled it?).

It's a bit strange that we get different results on very similar builds. In my case, the only things "checked" in Multibeast were "DSDT free....", "ALC 892" & "Lnx2Mac...". Maybe try without "Graphics Enabler"? After installation I set it to "No" in org.chameleon.boot.plist just to see what happens (stupid me haha) & ended up with a black screen during boot.

During installation I also had to boot with the PCIRootUID=0 parameter (recommended for UEFI BIOS motherboards + nVidia cards) - otherwise there was just black screen.

First my info:
Core i5 3570K
Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
16GB Corsair​
1600Mhz DDR3
Using integrated gfx

Here's the verbose output of where I'm stuck:

View attachment 37014

Basically, everything was running fine and then I re-ran Multibeast to enable HDMI audio using the settings specified at the beginning of the thread. Now hangs on loading OSX. Any help would be appreciated

I had the same problem and haven't found a solution. Resorted to reformatting and reinstalling OS X. It worked fine when setup without DSDT. Worked ok after running multibeast again with the HDMI DSDT setting. HDMI audio worked. But, if I run Multibeast again, I get to the same place yours does. This time I made sure to select all the relevant settings in multibeast the first time after reinstalling mountain lion. Its working fine now with the HDMI DSDT, but pretty sure I will be in trouble if I need to change or add something in multibeast.

Would love to know what I need to fix or delete?

I started a thread, but I think I should probably post my question in this one instead. This seems to be the best place for questions regarding the 2012 CustoMac. So I apologize in advance for the double post.

This is my first hackintosh. I have tried to read everything I possibly can before posting. I built the exact system from the Customac 2012 "budget" build list. I got ML on the USB drive using Unibeast just fine. I installed the OS just fine. I can boot the machine and restart with no issue until I run Multibeast (not using a DSDT). I am using the exact non-DSDT Multibeast settings from this thread.

As soon as I run Multibeast with those settings and reboot the machine will hang at the Apple screen with the gear just spinning. Booting with -v reveals that it gets stuck on Ethernet Address where it lists your MAC address. My ethernet ports were working before I ran Multibeast, should I just reinstall and leave the ethernet drivers unchecked in Multibeast?

Any other ideas?

I had the same problem and haven't found a solution. Resorted to reformatting and reinstalling OS X. It worked fine when setup without DSDT. Worked ok after running multibeast again with the HDMI DSDT setting. HDMI audio worked. But, if I run Multibeast again, I get to the same place yours does. This time I made sure to select all the relevant settings in multibeast the first time after reinstalling mountain lion. Its working fine now with the HDMI DSDT, but pretty sure I will be in trouble if I need to change or add something in multibeast.

Would love to know what I need to fix or delete?

Did you install FakeSMC and the HWMonitor app? That broke my install with MultiBeast 5.1.3. Works fine without it (I think FakeSMC gets installed anyway).

There seems to be a bug in Multibeast regarding the H77N Board. After the Update to 10.8.2 I ran Multibeast again and it crashed my system. The system won't boot up anymore :(

My steps:
1. Unibeast with ML 10.8
2. Multibeast as described here + FakeSMC
3. Everything is running, including FakeSMC
4. Update to ML 10.8.2 -> after reboot, everything is fine, only Audio does not work

5. Multibeast select only RT892 Audio

After the reboot I can see a problem with kBluetoothHCIErrorHostTimeout and the last entry is HDAEnabler, where it stops.

Also I did not enable 1080p again, and after I ran Multibeast in Step 5, this option was removed when I did a reboot.

What is wrong?

Thanks

First my info:
Core i5 3570K
Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
16GB Corsair​
1600Mhz DDR3
Using integrated gfx

Here's the verbose output of where I'm stuck:

View attachment 37014

Basically, everything was running fine and then I re-ran Multibeast to enable HDMI audio using the settings specified at the beginning of the thread. Now hangs on loading OSX. Any help would be appreciated

Well, it stops for me at the same point. Did the same steps, ran Multibeast again.

I reinstalling OSX for the 4th time......

Back