Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Josh: I waited for more than 15 minutes (walked away), and it was still stuck.

I haven't tried without audio, but I will do that.

Should I still used the DSDT provided for HDMI Audio or not? I'm working on this tonight and will let you know the result.

Thanks for responding.

M

I'm having similar problems w Z77N. The DSDT and FakeSMC (via MB) both wreck the installation.

Josh,

I reinstalled, installed the multibeast settings with DSDT for the H77N, but did not select the Audio option - all boots fine now, no panic at Bluetooth. Everythings running (including Audio through HDMI), bluetooth, everything... except for the two ethernet ports. The added PCIe card is connecting just fine so I have connectivity.

So thanks very much.

For me, Multibeast using the DSDT for the MB plus 1080 Boot and nothing else seems to have worked great. I'm tempted to add the Lnx2Mac RealtekRTL driver to see if that enables my ethernet ports.

Thanks very much Josh for solving this.

M.

mimova: I had the same problem. Post-Installation booted fine from Unibeast but would hang at BT after Multibeast...

2 Questions:
  • If you wait ~2-3min does it eventually clear the Bluetooth and enter GUI?
  • Have you tried Tonymac's Multibeast settings, without the Audio driver?

Josh

Josh,

I reinstalled, installed the multibeast settings with DSDT for the H77N, but did not select the Audio option - all boots fine now, no panic at Bluetooth. Everythings running (including Audio through HDMI), bluetooth, everything... except for the two ethernet ports. The added PCIe card is connecting just fine so I have connectivity.

So thanks very much.

For me, Multibeast using the DSDT for the MB plus 1080 Boot and nothing else seems to have worked great. I'm tempted to add the Lnx2Mac RealtekRTL driver to see if that enables my ethernet ports.

Thanks very much Josh for solving this.

M.

I have 2 of these motherboards and can't get bluetooth to work at all. How did you get it working? Are you using the Intel Brand Mini PCI cards that came with the motherboard? Is WiFi working as well?

Regards

Montmac,

I have H77n wifi with version 2 Bios. I used optimized bios settings option from bios settings. Then used unibeast ML on 16GB USB.

Reboot post install on hdmi is in1024x768, with no sound, but everything else works. Before rebooting a second time, run multi beast with the H77N.aml file from tonymacx86 on the desktop. As Josh recommends in earlier message select just three items - UserDSDT or DSDT-free installation, 1080p at boot, and, lnx2Mac RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet. No ALC892!

Reboot again with -v and watch for kernel issues. I didnt get any following Josh's help.

Bluetooth working natively from inboard card, but not inboard wifi. Ethernet ports also not working right, so maybe inx2Mac doesn't matter in the end.

M

Hi all,

i'm new on this forum (first post, but i readd you since long time), i followed your guide and everything works good.

Montmac,

Ethernet ports also not working right, so maybe inx2Mac doesn't matter in the end.

M

Ethernet is working for me.
I had to set static ip, reboot and start with ethernet cable connected.

Thank you for help, i really like this forum!
Best regards,

iux

I will definitely give that a try tonight. Thanks.

I did try setting static IP earlier, but despite the indication that the static IP was working, when I turned off WIFI, no connectivity.

Did both ports work after reboot?

Hi all,

i'm new on this forum (first post, but i readd you since long time), i followed your guide and everything works good.

Ethernet is working for me.
I had to set static ip, reboot and start with ethernet cable connected.

Thank you for help, i really like this forum!
Best regards,

iux

this is just a great motherboard and guide.

GA-H77N-WiFi

only thing not working is the wifi card that came with it so ordered one on ebay still waiting for it.

btw i did the dsdt free installation since im using a 660gtx and im very pleased.

Sleep works & Auto sleep works and wakes from bluetooth. a belkin which is supported for the boot menu and bios also.

only thing lacking is airplay. but i thinks its due to the gpu.

can just say after trying 2 builds with 2 diffrent motherboards the GA-H77N-WiFi is the best just works!

thanks to Tonymacx86 and Macman for making this possible.

I did try setting static IP earlier, but despite the indication that the static IP was working, when I turned off WIFI, no connectivity.

I had issues with the LAN ports on mine when i first built the box, but they've since stabilized. Try to delete your network connections, reboot and re-create them.

On a separate note, has anyone had any luck with USB3 ports on these boards? What driver did you use?

I had issues with the LAN ports on mine when i first built the box, but they've since stabilized. Try to delete your network connections, reboot and re-create them.

On a separate note, has anyone had any luck with USB3 ports on these boards? What driver did you use?

USB3 ports work for me but only with USB3 devices. I imagine this will be better resolved when 10.8.3 comes out since technically no Macs until a couple weeks ago had USB3.

I have F2 Bios all set to default + DSDT and when ethernet cable is plugged in (ETH1 or ETH2 is same) it results connected but cant set DCHP ip, i had to restart and connection works great.

Back