Contribute
Register

Occasional Kernel Panic after wake (deadbeef?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I know if it will work and is it as simple as using kext wizard and apply some patches to DSDT or do I have to edit a whole bunch of code?

How do I know if it will work

You test it.

and is it as simple as using kext wizard and apply some patches to DSDT or do I have to edit a whole bunch of code?

Read post #24. Make sure you set layout-id correctly...

Here's how to determine layout-id (it is an arbitrary choice by the person patching AppleHDA, not all ALC269 AppleHDA will be the same)...

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfig.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

Note: 0x10ec0269 is decimal 283902569.

How do I find my codec id? Ioreg?

I found this: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/34-applehda-alc269-for-mavericks/

How do I patch my DSDT to match the code the user posted and where will I need to place that codec id?

Ignore what is written at that link regarding DSDT patching. Refer to post #24 instead.

According to the link, that kext uses layout id 28. But you should check for sure. Refer to post #32.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait nvm I think the codec id would go here: Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000) right?

No.

Opened the patched AppleHDA, opened the AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext, opened up its info.plist and found HDAConfigDefault but the only thing in it is "0" and it has no value.

Opened the patched AppleHDA, opened the AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext, opened up its info.plist and found HDAConfigDefault but the only thing in it is "0" and it has no value.

Further expand/open up that '0' entry...

Thank you! The codec id does infact match mine so use id 28 I guess. Going to install with kext wizard and then apply patches.

Found the id 12 patch but no IRQ fix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back