Contribute
Register

Occasional Kernel Panic after wake (deadbeef?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the brightness patch, fake smc, voodoo hda and the power management and everything was ok but on my 4/4 test boot I was greeted to a kernel panic. I haven't repaired my perms or rebuilt the cache but I added DropSSDT to my boot plist and added the flag "IGPEnabler=Yes".

I installed the brightness patch, fake smc, voodoo hda and the power management and everything was ok but on my 4/4 test boot I was greeted to a kernel panic. I haven't repaired my perms or rebuilt the cache but I added DropSSDT to my boot plist and added the flag "IGPEnabler=Yes".

Avoid VoodooHDA for a while...

Alright I will uninstall. I'm using 2.7.2 for VT because the latest version of it causes the bass to get crackly and drown out.

Alright I will uninstall. I'm using 2.7.2 for VT because the latest version of it causes the bass to get crackly and drown out.

You should really look into patched AppleHDA instead (but obviously, you can live without audio for a while while you figure out your stability issue)...

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

I think Voodoo is the culprit of the issue or at least some of it. 4/4 boots without VHDA, repaired perms and rebuilt cache and no kernel panics. Going to do some more just in case but will patched appleHDA provide better stability? Should also mention that every kernel panic happens after voodoo HDA starts (it makes that pop noise)

I think Voodoo is the culprit of the issue or at least some of it. 4/4 boots without VHDA, repaired perms and rebuilt cache and no kernel panics. Going to do some more just in case but will patched appleHDA provide better stability?

AppleHDA is provided by Apple... Of course when we patch things, all bets are off (patching can cause new issues), but the stability is probably better than VoodooHDA, especially given you're using an old version (bugs get fixed in newer versions, and hopefully less bugs created...)

7 boots later and no kernel panics so it's certainly a Voodoo issue. Is patching AppleHDA very difficult? I'm going to look into it right now though.

7 boots later and no kernel panics so it's certainly a Voodoo issue. Is patching AppleHDA very difficult? I'm going to look into it right now though.

You might find an already patched AppleHDA...

I have a "Realtek ALC269 @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller" Should I just look up "ALC269 AppleHDA patch"?

I have a "Realtek ALC269 @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller" Should I just look up "ALC269 AppleHDA patch"?

You will find plenty of ALC269 patched AppleHDA.kext...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back