Contribute
Register

Nvidia Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Nvidia Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Graphics Drivers

Gray screen of nothing. Does anyone know where the drivers are so I can go back

WOOOOOOOOOT finally my blue screen when changing resolution is gone.. yeah gone... Everything working on my g73sw-bst6 now.

I tested the performance vs. the stock 10.8.2 drivers. I updated to the new Nvidia driver mentioned in this post and installed the latest CUDA driver. Here are the results of the CineBench test with my system that has a GeForce GTX 470 and Intel i7 2600k OC 4.4GHz: On stock OSX driver I scored 51.42fps and CPU 8.59. On new Nvidia driver I scored 51.72fps and CPU 8.57. In summary, there is no worthwhile improvement. I did not test the issue with FCP X because I despise that program. I use Adobe CS6 because I'm a professional.

I had to do a Time Machine Restore (for a separate reason from the NVidia graphics drivers) and upon reboot the only way I can get back in is in safe mode. Otherwise, I am greeted with the white screen of death. There appears to be something about these Nvidia drivers that causes an issue with TM Backup. I don't know how to fix this issue so I think I will have to reinstall my Hackintosh :-/

I tested the performance vs. the stock 10.8.2 drivers. I updated to the new Nvidia driver mentioned in this post and installed the latest CUDA driver. Here are the results of the CineBench test with my system that has a GeForce GTX 470 and Intel i7 2600k OC 4.4GHz: On stock OSX driver I scored 51.42fps and CPU 8.59. On new Nvidia driver I scored 51.72fps and CPU 8.57. In summary, there is no worthwhile improvement. I did not test the issue with FCP X because I despise that program. I use Adobe CS6 because I'm a professional.

Actually, I just fixed the issue with Time Machine by reinstalling the Nvidia driver mentioned in this post. It appears that for some reason Time Machine does not back up the driver. All good now :)

I switched my system definition to Mac Pro, just for the instal, then back to iMac 12.2 after. Everything worked fine.

Done that , but somehow now that the new drivers are installed Adobe Media Encoder cannot export my h264 files anymore (error Compiling Unknown error ).... and external USB devices hang my Hack....:banghead:

Anyone with a 550Ti try these yet? Results?

You do realize that cinebench only measures your cpu rendering, to have accurate fps you need to use uniengine
http://unigine.com/products/heaven/

Anyone with a 550Ti try these yet? Results?

I can confirm these drivers fixed my 550ti issues regarding sleep/wake and fermi-freeze. Haven't tried three monitors or changing res but would bet it fixes it too.

Anybody tested this with a gtx 460 to see if it does anything? I'd do it myself if i had anything to backup my disk on..

I can confirm these drivers fixed my 550ti issues regarding sleep/wake and fermi-freeze. Haven't tried three monitors or changing res but would bet it fixes it too.

Just got home and installed these drivers. No freeze yet and I can change resolutions without the blue screen freeze. Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back