Contribute
Register

Nvidia Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Nvidia Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Graphics Drivers

With this driver my computer finally can go to sleep and wake without any problems. OpenCL with patch also works (not work on native drivers).

What card are you using? I am having problems with my EVGA 660 ti, my computer wakes from sleep but the displays stay dark.... I am hopeful that this may be the fix I am looking for?

What card are you using? I am having problems with my EVGA 660 ti, my computer wakes from sleep but the displays stay dark.... I am hopeful that this may be the fix I am looking for?

What Motherboard are you using? I thought I had the same issue, but if I waited 90 seconds, the displays turned on. I patched my own DSDT, and now it wakes instantly.

GTX 560ti, these drivers slowed things down for me, 62.7 to 60.3 on Unigine, Novabench GPU from 394 to 375, etc. Not a big deal really. Have no tried third monitor yet.

Three monitor support!! With my GTX 680, Check!!

AWESOME! THanks for confirming that for me!

The drivers are very much like the 10.8.1 ones, but for 10.8.2. The Fermi cards mentioned in this post will benefit from this release:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/127-nvidia-geforce-gt-430-gt-450-gtx-550-ti-gt-620-gt-630-graphics-cards-issues-mountain-lion.html

Please do us Nvidia GTX6xx owners a big big favour.

PLEASE DON'T REMOVE THE SETTING FROM MULTIBEAST ON THE NEWER VERSIONS OF OS X/ MULTIBEAST :)

Pretty Please? :thumbup:

What Motherboard are you using? I thought I had the same issue, but if I waited 90 seconds, the displays turned on. I patched my own DSDT, and now it wakes instantly.

I am using the UP5-TH, so no DSDT. My computer wakes from sleep, I can hear sounds, activity, etc. but my displays (2) stay black. Is there a DSDT to help with this?

I am using the UP5-TH, so no DSDT. My computer wakes from sleep, I can hear sounds, activity, etc. but my displays (2) stay black. Is there a DSDT to help with this?

I have an ASRock H77M-ITX, there was one line at the end of the DSDT I extracted that I remember said something about the wake event. Supposedly, you don't need one. I patched my BIOS, so I don't NEED one either, but I made one and only patched it for my audio and removed the line for sleep.

Works fine for me, and the best part about it is that my 3 monitor setup now works!!!! WOOT!! I'm running a GTX 670 and before I could only get 2 monitors at a time. Now I get all three (2 DVI monitors and an HDTV hooked up via HDMI). I haven't checked any performance issues, but I'm sure that it's close enough to be negligible (positively or negatively).

When I try to install the Retail-304.00.05f02-macosx.dmg installer tells me right away: "Unsupported system: This computer will not support GeForce or Quadro Mac OS X edition cards."

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 4096 MB

can confirm multi monitor now works fine with more than 2 monitors on geforce 680
Bildschirmfoto-2012-10-03-um-02.09.04.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back