Contribute
Register

Nvidia Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Nvidia Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Graphics Drivers

Unfortunately these drivers messes with CUDA acceleration in Adobe Media Encoder. Could not encode ANYTHING with CUDA acceleration after updating to the new drivers. I re-installed the 10.8.2 combo update an use the apple drivers. So this is probably an Adobe issue... but for now I'm back on the old driver package but with the latest CUDa 5.036 update.

Anyone else having issues? I'n running a z77-x-up5 th with a gtx 670 an I also have the HD4000 integrated graphics running...

I haven't tried exporting so not sure if it's an issue but why not just disable CUDA acceleration when exporting?

Thank you so much for the info Tony!!!! finally my GT430 1GB Work fine and fast without blue screen bug and with suspension screen enabler...everyting in ML 10.8.2

Thanks to nVidia to!!!

Tried to install this on my system with a GTS-250 1GB after seeing that it supported GeForce 200 series. Looked again after install failed only to realize the one 200 series card it supports is the GTX-285. Grrr. Uninstall has the same results. Anyone know which kexts and other files this installs? It DOES report the new driver version in the CUDA pref pane and seems to run fine after a reboot.
:(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-04 at 12.46.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-04 at 12.46.40 PM.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 233

Gray screen of nothing. Does anyone know where the drivers are so I can go back

To uninstall this driver and restore your original Mac OS X v10.8.2 driver, follow the steps below:

If for any reason you are unable to boot your system to the desktop and wish to restore your original Mac OS X v10.8.2 driver, you can also do so from “Single-User” mode:

STEP 1: Restart your Macintosh computer and hold down the “Command” (apple) key and the “s” key to boot into “Single User” mode.

STEP 2: When the system finishes loading to a command prompt, type the command “NVIDIARecovery” (no quotation marks), and hit the “Return” key.

STEP 3: The 304.00.05f02 driver will be uninstalled and your original Mac OS X v10.8.2 driver will be restored. The computer will then reboot automatically.

I haven't tried exporting so not sure if it's an issue but why not just disable CUDA acceleration when exporting?

Because it tke 4x longer! Cuda and the GTX is the reason I built a Hackintosh. If you have many clips to export CUDA saves a lot of time!

Gray screen of nothing. Does anyone know where the drivers are so I can go back
To uninstall this driver and restore your original Mac OS X v10.8.2 driver, follow the steps below:

If for any reason you are unable to boot your system to the desktop and wish to restore your original Mac OS X v10.8.2 driver, you can also do so from “Single-User” mode:

STEP 1: Restart your Macintosh computer and hold down the “Command” (apple) key and the “s” key to boot into “Single User” mode.

STEP 2: When the system finishes loading to a command prompt, type the command “NVIDIARecovery” (no quotation marks), and hit the “Return” key.

STEP 3: The 304.00.05f02 driver will be uninstalled and your original Mac OS X v10.8.2 driver will be restored. The computer will then reboot automatically.

I was having the same gray screen issue when i booted and "resolved" it by doing the following from my forum post here - http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...rking-latest-nvidia-drivers-2.html#post464404

'In case anyone else runs into a similar problem, i drilled down my gray screen hang as far as i can go -- both GeForceGLDriver.bundle and GeForce.kext or either individually from the new 304.00.05f02 mpkg seem to be the issue. Why, i have no idea, but the rest of the new mpkg work just fine with the old GeForceGLDriver.bundle and GeForce.kext . So 3 screens, OpenCL, Acceleration, etc. all working as long as i use both GeForceGLDriver.bundle and GeForce.kext from previous driver package. *shrug*'

EDIT: should mention i'm using a Gigabyte OC Edition NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB. What card are you using Mcfool123?

I have GTX 560 Ti 2gb. I am running 10.8.2 with the cuda driver and the 304.00...mpkg. My system works perfectly except I tested graphics with a 1080p video (gladiator :D) and my GPU cant keep up with it. I have graphics enabler=no. My resolution is set at 1920x1080 and has no problems at the desktop. I can tell my GPU is not working quite up to spec. Any suggestions? My build...

EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2gb
GA-Z68AP-D3 UEFI bios
2x4gb 1600mhz corsair vengeance ram
i5 2500k
500GB sata hdd

Edit: I have uninstalled the 304.00...mpkg and it didnt make a difference.

can we try this update with GT630 graphic card. I can' see GT630 in supported products but I don't know, maybe It can work, Anyone tried?

I have change screen resolution problem (blue screen and freezing)

I lost OpenCL with this update, but got it back (without rebooting weirdly) by putting this in terminal:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

Thanks it fix on my GTX560 ti twinfrozrII/OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back