Contribute
Register

Nvidia Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
ignore this post

Article: Nvidia Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Graphics Drivers

When I try to install the Retail-304.00.05f02-macosx.dmg installer tells me right away: "Unsupported system: This computer will not support GeForce or Quadro Mac OS X edition cards."

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 4096 MB

Found a fix to this issue without having to change out which SMBIOS you are running.
Download Nvidia drivers and this: http://cl.ly/0L3a1h1z1f3D

1) Mount the downloaded DMG File
2) Right click on the package and click "Show Package Contents"
3) Inside the Contents folder you will see a Distribution.dist replace it with the one from the download.
4) Run package like normal

You do realize that cinebench only measures your cpu rendering, to have accurate fps you need to use uniengine
http://unigine.com/products/heaven/

I cannot get unigine to run on my hack anymore. I've tried on 10.7.4 and on a fresh install of 10.8 and still no go. It won't launch.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Does this new Nvidia driver make Fermi ENGTX580 cards native supported, or "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" chimera option must still be used? TIA

Confirmed. 3 monitors on my GTX 670 just ordered 2 more Dell u2412m monitors hopefully it can push 4 if not I'll give one to my gf

Confirmed. 3 monitors on my GTX 670 just ordered 2 more Dell u2412m monitors hopefully it can push 4 if not I'll give one to my gf

Hi Alpha, I have a very similar system to yours - same board/chip/gtx 670 config an 32gb Ram (also corsair vengeance) Since this nvidia river update Adobe Media Encoder does not encode anymore( although Premiere can do a straight encode) and external hard drives or devices drawing power freezes up the system.

I also just upgraded to the 10.8.2 combo update ...

Did you encounter any problems with these two upgrades ? Any idea what could be he issue? Should legacy USB support be enabled in Multibeast? Should i still reinstall the cuda 5.036 drivers after updating the with the river pack from nVidia? My Mac identifier is Imac 12,2 .... i had it at mac Pro 3,1 for the Cuda installation.

can confirm multi monitor now works fine with more than 2 monitors on geforce 680
Bildschirmfoto-2012-10-03-um-02.09.04.png

wooot! now im going to upgrade :)

YESS!!! all bugs fixed!!
change resolution = Fixed
sleep = Fixed
Off/on Monitor = Fixed
White screen at log in = fixed

Perfect!!!!!

Unfortunately these drivers messes with CUDA acceleration in Adobe Media Encoder. Could not encode ANYTHING with CUDA acceleration after updating to the new drivers. I re-installed the 10.8.2 combo update an use the apple drivers. So this is probably an Adobe issue... but for now I'm back on the old driver package but with the latest CUDa 5.036 update.

Anyone else having issues? I'n running a z77-x-up5 th with a gtx 670 an I also have the HD4000 integrated graphics running...

Instead of Wake from Display Sleep resulting in a lock up 100% of the time, it locks up 50% of the time. Not really a success. Is it time for the 550ti to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back