Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (367.15.10.35)

Motherboard
MSI B85M G43
CPU
i5 4670K
Graphics
Nvidia GTS 450, GTX 960, GTX 1070
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS,
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Personally I think nvidia is restraining the drivers, because they are in negotiations with Apple to provide the GPUs for the upcoming iMac and do not want to mess up the relationship with Apple. Another reason might be, that alternative drivers will not be necessary, because some future macOS Update will contain them (possibly because a new Mac have some Pascal-GPU).

It would be really sad, if Nvidia is dropping the alternative Mac-drivers, because it was the most easiest way to enable a gpu in a hackintosh (beside full out of the box support).
AMD already won the contract for the new macs. On the new macs there will be a Polaris 10 and a Polaris 11 card.
It's also very difficult to have support nowadays because FCPX is optimized for OpenCL and Nvidia is CUDA (= less performance on fcpx)

Motherboard
ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
AMD already won the contract for the new macs. On the new macs there will be a Polaris 10 and a Polaris 11 card.
It's also very difficult to have support nowadays because FCPX is optimized for OpenCL and Nvidia is CUDA (= less performance on fcpx)
I think Apple is moving to Metal for FCPX. I don't know of FCPX 10.3 switched to Metal yet.

But usually AMD = OpenCL better performance, nVidia = Better CUDA performance but still supports OpenCL.

With a single 980Ti, FCPX works perfect. But with a second one it stutters. I don't use FCPX anyway, just fyi.

Motherboard
ASRock Z170 Extreme 7+
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello
I update my 980 GTX ...and works !!!
But every time i restart CUDA alerts me that i need an update !!! .... when i trie do there is no update !!!
Any issue like that somebody ?

Motherboard
macOS Sierra 10.12.3 - GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti NVIDIA GeForce
Hello
I update my 980 GTX ...and works !!!
But every time i restart CUDA alerts me that i need an update !!! .... when i trie do there is no update !!!
Any issue like that somebody ?
I have the same issue...wonder if we just have to wait a little bit longer for them to release the appropriate driver..

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0)
CPU
Intel i7 Skylake 6700k 4.0ghz
Graphics
AMD XFX GTR RX-480
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
I think Apple is moving to Metal for FCPX. I don't know of FCPX 10.3 switched to Metal yet.

But usually AMD = OpenCL better performance, nVidia = Better CUDA performance but still supports OpenCL.

With a single 980Ti, FCPX works perfect. But with a second one it stutters. I don't use FCPX anyway, just fyi.
I Am using XFX Rx 480 on my hackintosh and FCPX running like a charm. The only problem is not work with FCPX lastest version. I using FCPX 10.2.3.

Motherboard
Asus Z170-A
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
With every update, I have more regret for getting GTX 1070 over 980ti. When I was buying my pc, I could get them at nearly the same price, but someone convinced me that 1070 is better and the web driver will eventually support it. Now I have a $500 gpu which isn't doing anything while booted to hackintosh.

Motherboard
GigaByte Z370 AORUS Gaming WiFi
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080ti (2)
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Plus, Power Mac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
With every update, I have more regret for getting GTX 1070 over 980ti. When I was buying my pc, I could get them at nearly the same price, but someone convinced me that 1070 is better and the web driver will eventually support it. Now I have a $500 gpu which isn't doing anything while booted to hackintosh.
The other problem is that the 980ti's (and other 9XX cards) are getting harder and harder to find.