Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (367.15.10.35)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think nvidia is restraining the drivers, because they are in negotiations with Apple to provide the GPUs for the upcoming iMac and do not want to mess up the relationship with Apple. Another reason might be, that alternative drivers will not be necessary, because some future macOS Update will contain them (possibly because a new Mac have some Pascal-GPU).

It would be really sad, if Nvidia is dropping the alternative Mac-drivers, because it was the most easiest way to enable a gpu in a hackintosh (beside full out of the box support).

AMD already won the contract for the new macs. On the new macs there will be a Polaris 10 and a Polaris 11 card.
It's also very difficult to have support nowadays because FCPX is optimized for OpenCL and Nvidia is CUDA (= less performance on fcpx)

AMD already won the contract for the new macs. On the new macs there will be a Polaris 10 and a Polaris 11 card.
It's also very difficult to have support nowadays because FCPX is optimized for OpenCL and Nvidia is CUDA (= less performance on fcpx)

I think Apple is moving to Metal for FCPX. I don't know of FCPX 10.3 switched to Metal yet.

But usually AMD = OpenCL better performance, nVidia = Better CUDA performance but still supports OpenCL.

With a single 980Ti, FCPX works perfect. But with a second one it stutters. I don't use FCPX anyway, just fyi.

Hello
I update my 980 GTX ...and works !!!
But every time i restart CUDA alerts me that i need an update !!! .... when i trie do there is no update !!!
Any issue like that somebody ?

I have the same issue...wonder if we just have to wait a little bit longer for them to release the appropriate driver..

I think Apple is moving to Metal for FCPX. I don't know of FCPX 10.3 switched to Metal yet.

But usually AMD = OpenCL better performance, nVidia = Better CUDA performance but still supports OpenCL.

With a single 980Ti, FCPX works perfect. But with a second one it stutters. I don't use FCPX anyway, just fyi.
I Am using XFX Rx 480 on my hackintosh and FCPX running like a charm. The only problem is not work with FCPX lastest version. I using FCPX 10.2.3.

With every update, I have more regret for getting GTX 1070 over 980ti. When I was buying my pc, I could get them at nearly the same price, but someone convinced me that 1070 is better and the web driver will eventually support it. Now I have a $500 gpu which isn't doing anything while booted to hackintosh.

With every update, I have more regret for getting GTX 1070 over 980ti. When I was buying my pc, I could get them at nearly the same price, but someone convinced me that 1070 is better and the web driver will eventually support it. Now I have a $500 gpu which isn't doing anything while booted to hackintosh.

The other problem is that the 980ti's (and other 9XX cards) are getting harder and harder to find.

Ebay for 980Ti and sell your 1070 on ebay.

With Apples current focus on AMD chips we could be in for a long wait, unless Apple use a pascal GPU, maybe in a refreshed iMac. Although we as a community would love to see Pascal support, the reality is that the audience for Pascal drivers in macOS is tiny and diminishing as older macs disappear.
If Apple focuses on AMD can you tell me a single high end graphics card that will work without problems on my hackintosh? I have had problems for ages with my ati 7770. Everytime I would have problems booting I would remove the card and everything worked. I managed to get it working with a kext but can't repeat the install after that in order to move to a larger disk. I also tried cloning. Same behaviour. You get a system that stops with boot and works if you remove the graphics card.
So I am looking for an Nvidia card that works but things don't look well on that front either.. The integrated chip is not enough for my needs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back