Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've also added a patch to ignore NVDARequiredOS. Happy days.

Add boot argument:

Code:
ngfxcompat=1

Where do we add that? Our Clover config.plist's Kext's to Patch section or in the NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext's plist?

Where do we add that? Our Clover config.plist's Kext's to Patch section or in the NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext's plist?
neither, it is under boot argument in config.plist

lol was just gunna post this news, glad it works will be updating tonight

NvidiaGraphicsFixup just added a workaround for the UI lags in v1.2.5. am using the 161 driver and am getting no lag. Also with the new kext, even though am using 0x19120001 am seeing the 530 on my system information alongside my 1070. lol I mean I gained higher GT Ghzs so am not complaining lol. EDIT: forgot to say am still in 10.13.3 but am guessing it will work for 10.13.4
Link please, I am not finding this. Thank you.

Found, thank you.

Last edited:
Okay, I have to chime in. Henties, you are correct!

I have two GTX 1080 TIs running .106 of the nVidia driver, and I have NO issues. As in ZERO. As in NONE. I don't have boot loops or crashes, or kernel panics or NOTHING!

And I run After Effects every single day, as well as Premiere and Avid (because that's what I do for a living).

And, I would be happy to put my benchmarks against any Vega 56 or 64 any time, any day.

I have nothing against AMD. If you have one, terrific. Enjoy the fan noise and the energy use. No problem, your choice.

I mean, Geez....
I've tried everything, am running .106, and have a ton of problems. I get constant crashes in Premiere if I'm using CUDA as the video premiere render engine (so I am forced to use OpenCL). CUDA works fine in the Media Encoder, but it misrenders After Effects projects probably 20% of the time and I have to re-render. REDCODE footage, when browsing in Media Browser, causes a lot of crashes. I'm not willing to encode all by footage to ProRes just to deal with the video card issues. Also, REDCINE-X is completely useless. I can't get it to encode with DEB enabled AT ALL.

I bought two Vega 64 cards yesterday and am going to swap them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back