Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to compile myself in Xcode from the latest files. You also need to place the latest Lilu.kext in the same directory so it builds for that version of Lilu.

The official release (pre-built) on github doesn’t seem to be available yet.

Edit: added link to the github repo.
https://github.com/lvs1974/NvidiaGraphicsFixup
I have Lilu 1.2.3. What is the latest? Can you post the Lilu that you compiled too? Thanks.

I've tried everything, am running .106, and have a ton of problems. I get constant crashes in Premiere if I'm using CUDA as the video premiere render engine (so I am forced to use OpenCL). CUDA works fine in the Media Encoder, but it misrenders After Effects projects probably 20% of the time and I have to re-render. REDCODE footage, when browsing in Media Browser, causes a lot of crashes. I'm not willing to encode all by footage to ProRes just to deal with the video card issues. Also, REDCINE-X is completely useless. I can't get it to encode with DEB enabled AT ALL.

I bought two Vega 64 cards yesterday and am going to swap them out.

I don't experience what you are experiencing, but I'm all in on people doing whatever they need to to get through the day.

I have Lilu 1.2.3. What is the latest? Can you post the Lilu that you compiled too? Thanks.

Well, it would be really much appreciated if you could post the compiled versions of the new Lilu and Nvidiagraphicsfixup

It says 1.2.4 not 1.2.5 though.
so it does!

sorry! just saw in my Activity feed that a new one has just been updated, didn't check the version number!

No change for me with NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.5. After installing the .103 driver the terrible lag is here again
Z170X, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 using iMac17,1 definitions. Not sure if I'm not missing something but what I did is to replace the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in the EFI.

Guys:

At this point, we need some kind soul to upload the KEXT versions of both Nvidiagraphicsfixup (Version1.2.5) and Lilu (Version 1.2.4) so we can test properly. This is essential!

These two utilities depend on each other, so both are needed in the Kexts/.../other folder of clover

Then someone running 10.13.4 should install the latest nVidia drivers (not the .103 or .106 versions), and test for lag. And please lets define where the "lag" is, as in what program. What program do you see "lag" in? Word? Powerpoint? Premiere? FCPX?

What kind of lag - as in describe it. delay in doing what, exactly?

No change for me with NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.5. After installing the .103 driver the terrible lag is here again
Z170X, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 using iMac17,1 definitions. Not sure if I'm not missing something but what I did is to replace the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in the EFI.
See if the kext is being injected from that location
Code:
bdmesg | grep -i 'extra kext'
See if it is loaded
Code:
kextstat | grep -i 'nvidiagraphicsfixup'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back