Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, using the .104 drivers, there's no lag. But, ideally, we want a fix to address the lag so that the most recent drivers (and whatever potential fixes come along with it) can be used.
Good! I’m on 106, still having some very minor bugs. Not sure why. It’s the best solution for now till new graphics/os update

This was fixed later once macOS's Skylake support was finalized. Disabling this option or messing with it now can break peripherals that use those interrupts
Yes probably.

I had the same lag happen to me. I never noticed for a day or two.

It does randomly happen which is weird when you have a 1050 ti and 16gb ram with i7 skylake. this should be kicking major butt. But at times I have that same experience.

1 thing I did notice is with this update I can use my HDMI port now. But if the computer sleeps or screensaver comes on i have to unplug the HDMI cord, plug a monitor into DVI, unplug it, plug the HDMI back in and it resizes until something causes it to resize again. If I don't do that the screen is completely static.

P.S. I also noticed this lag happens when downloading.

Yep, in my case too, the lag seems to be bigger when network/disk activity is happening.

Yep, in my case too, the lag seems to be bigger when network/disk activity is happening.

I've also noticed this, but I've not been able to rationalize it. It also seems to be most reproducible when opening and closing apps.

The IO connection almost made me think it was part of Nvidia's Specter/Meltdown mitigations in their drivers . . .

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/10/n...re-absolutely-immune-to-meltdown-and-spectre/

Ironically, this actually makes some sense as it would likely target Skylake+ where the microcode updates have been relatively stable. Not sure if Apple has integrated them tho on their end, which might be the cause of the lag.

Searching the Pascal 156 driver, I found two new strings (RMBug1848110War and RmDisableCLFCWar1969099) that suggest some type of new bug fix or workaround.

Maybe the new potential bootarg "nvda_drv_vrl" controls that? It takes values 0-4 from what I can tell, where 0 is default.

Last edited:
nvda_drv_vrl isn't that for vr?

Code:
sudo ./webdriver.sh -cu https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106.pkg
sudo ./webdriver.sh -m

No work for me:
Password:
sudo: ./webdriver.sh: command not found

:/

No work for me:
Password:
sudo: ./webdriver.sh: command not found

:/

Wrong path for your webdriver.sh folder. Go there with the finder and retry or copy/paste the path of your webdriver.sh in place of "./webdriver.sh"

If GTX 770 is still your graphic card, no need for webdriver.

Wrong path for your webdriver.sh folder. Go there with the finder and retry or copy/paste the path of your webdriver.sh in place of "./webdriver.sh"

If GTX 770 is still your graphic card, no need for webdriver.

GTX650 unistall the web driver, but still laggy =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back