Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. From Clover boot menu,
Options -> System Parameters -> System Integrity Protection -> Allow Untrusted Kexts
2. Clover Configulator -> Install/Update Clover -> Customize -> Check only the AptioMemoryFix in Driver64UEFI then install.

The z370 system I am using now is working perfectly with .156 driver. But no luck with z170 system in my home, the description I showed did not solve the massive lags... sigh

Thank you very much!
I will try it...

1. From Clover boot menu,
Options -> System Parameters -> System Integrity Protection -> Allow Untrusted Kexts
2. Clover Configulator -> Install/Update Clover -> Customize -> Check only the AptioMemoryFix in Driver64UEFI then install.

The z370 system I am using now is working perfectly with .156 driver. But no luck with z170 system in my home, the description I showed did not solve the massive lags... sigh

Nope!
I'd tried everything.
Single User, Verbose Mode, Safe Mode, AptioMemoryFix, nv_disable...
I also hate the idea that in every NVidia's update, I have to disconnect my two GPU Cards from my PC...

I have installed 10.13.3, webdriver, and now I can't boot anymore. I quit. It's time to stay with Windows 10 FOREVER!!
I used to install Hackintosh for almost 8-10 years...but now it's different...and I'm so tired of this...you know what I mean!

Nope!
I'd tried everything.
Single User, Verbose Mode, Safe Mode, AptioMemoryFix, nv_disable...
I also hate the idea that in every NVidia's update, I have to disconnect my two GPU Cards from my PC...

I have installed 10.13.3, webdriver, and now I can't boot anymore. I quit. It's time to stay with Windows 10 FOREVER!!
I used to install Hackintosh for almost 8-10 years...but now it's different...and I'm so tired of this...you know what I mean!
relax take a j...

relax take a j...

You are so right...but I have to work with this machine (as it's my main) and I don't have time...
I just have Mac...just in case...you know...as I work with 3D Softwares...

Bad idea: I wonder if faking Coffee Lake on the Z170 system would fix the lag.

FakeCPUID: 0x0906EA

Should do the trick . . . I've pretty much ruled out anything SIP, MemoryFix, or SMBIOS related.

Edit: Tested. Didn't work. :/
What about the APIC mode targeted by this patch?

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 13.26.04.png

Haswell, 24 interrupts, no lag

I gave up, back on 10.13.1 (17B1003) this is the only real solution for me without having to trouble with lags…

Tried iMacPro1,1 smbios but I think the Problem is my Skylake Processor combined with 10.3.3 and Nvidia drivers.

10.13.1?

10.13.2 didn't work for you? For me working perfect before 10.13.3 update...

You are so right...but I have to work with this machine (as it's my main) and I don't have time...
I just have Mac...just in case...you know...as I work with 3D Softwares...

Have you tried to reinstall .106 driver ? In my case, on z170 system, .106 driver is still working with less lags at 4K resolution. I feel it bit laggy but tolerable for me. The lags with .156 driver is intolerable though...

Bad idea: I wonder if faking Coffee Lake on the Z170 system would fix the lag.

FakeCPUID: 0x0906EA

Should do the trick . . . I've pretty much ruled out anything SIP, MemoryFix, or SMBIOS related.

Edit: Tested. Didn't work. :/

Yea no luck... System itself booted but not fixing lags :(

Have you tried to reinstall .106 driver ? In my case, on z170 system, .106 driver is still working with less lags at 4K resolution. I feel it bit laggy but tolerable for me. The lags with .156 driver is intolerable though...
OK...I solved it with all my last settings and SIP set to 0x67.
Problem was CUDA Driver...waiting for the new version.

Thank you very much!

P.S.
Although I still don't understand why CUDA is not embedded with Web Driver yet...
What the point to have a NVidia GPU without CUDA Support on a Mac?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back