Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone aware if the Nvidia driver has now been fixed/updated to fix the post-installation lag issue some users were reporting?

Is anyone aware if the Nvidia driver has now been fixed/updated to fix the post-installation lag issue some users were reporting?

nobody did anything ... need to wait for a normal driver ...never problem up to 13.13.3 ...

hi pastry.
I'm following your adventure about Nvidia driver.
luckily I'm on Sierra 10.12.6 because on high Sierra g-sync has never worked, and I have a g-sync monitor.
regarding high Sierra, have you tried disabling igpu?
have you tried using smbios that are native with Nvidia, for example imac14,2 etc?

if I remember well, even people with real Nvidia Mac complain about lag with high sierra.

Yes, I tried with IGPU disabled. No difference.

I did not try iMac14,2 yet.

Hello guys, thanks for all your work, I've been able to downgrade my driver with the German fix.
Actually the .104 driver wasn't working very well for me on 13.2 but the 106 on 13.3 is working great!

It's my first hakintosh, and from now on i was able to fix all my issue with this forum, thanks to you!

For the first time installation of the webdriver with 0x67 SIP configuration, I could not get to Finder but just Apple logo. I was so scared, just couldn’t get Finder access even with VESA driver…

While searching a fix for this, I read his method and tried to enable SIP as mentioned. But my comp was booting with 'OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi' and 'EmuVariableUefior.efi' installed, which possibly prevented booting to clover screen. So I was stuck at this point.

My first attempt was 0x66 SIP config, just unchecked 'Allow Untrusted Kext'. It allowed my comp to boot but still no Finder access. Since ssh access was possible, I decided to install .156 driver by using 'webdriver.sh', upon restart my comp booted with GUI but I had massive lags…

Gongrats for your working system!

I have exactly the same issue.
But:
1. where is option for unckeck Untrusted Kexts?
2. AptioMemoryFix.efi? Manual Installing? or Via Clover Configurator?

I plugged in my HDMI after updating 10.13.3 with new nvidia drivers. But if it goes to sleep mode, screensaver, full screen games or i change the scaling i get a fuzzy screen. If i plug a monitor into DVI to reset it then plug back into HDMI it works again. But any setting I change or if it sleeps I have to do that process again. DVI works great. If i use DVI to HDMI cord i get the same problem. Any idea why?

Last edited:
Thanks so much for posting this. It saved my butt.
I also used this method with v104. Just make sure to uninstall current drivers first, reboot and then used the app. Thanks

hi pastry.
I'm following your adventure about Nvidia driver.
luckily I'm on Sierra 10.12.6 because on high Sierra g-sync has never worked, and I have a g-sync monitor.
regarding high Sierra, have you tried disabling igpu?
have you tried using smbios that are native with Nvidia, for example imac14,2 etc?

if I remember well, even people with real Nvidia Mac complain about lag with high sierra.

I just tried iMac14,2. No difference...

Here is a list of the stuff I've tried.

Gongrats for your working system!

I have exactly the same issue.
But:
1. where is option for unckeck Untrusted Kexts?
2. AptioMemoryFix.efi? Manual Installing? or Via Clover Configurator?

1. From Clover boot menu,
Options -> System Parameters -> System Integrity Protection -> Allow Untrusted Kexts
2. Clover Configulator -> Install/Update Clover -> Customize -> Check only the AptioMemoryFix in Driver64UEFI then install.

The z370 system I am using now is working perfectly with .156 driver. But no luck with z170 system in my home, the description I showed did not solve the massive lags... sigh

1. From Clover boot menu,
Options -> System Parameters -> System Integrity Protection -> Allow Untrusted Kexts
2. Clover Configulator -> Install/Update Clover -> Customize -> Check only the AptioMemoryFix in Driver64UEFI then install.

The z370 system I am using now is working perfectly with .156 driver. But no luck with z170 system in my home, the description I showed did not solve the massive lags... sigh

Bad idea: I wonder if faking Coffee Lake on the Z170 system would fix the lag.

FakeCPUID: 0x0906EA

Should do the trick . . . I've pretty much ruled out anything SIP, MemoryFix, or SMBIOS related.

Edit: Tested. Didn't work. :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back