Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime z370 A-II
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was able to get the Nvidia drivers running under HS...once I changed the SIP it worked. Thanks! Great info here.

The update added HiDPI that I didn't have before but I'm stuck at 30hz 4K resolution.

Anyone getting 60hz?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE AORUS GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
Intel I7 7700K
Graphics
Asus GeForce 1060 Strix 6G
SOB!!!

I woke up this morning with a bunch of bright ideas on how to beat my BootLoop messed with a bunch of startup settings and booted and everything worked - Nvidia drivers loaded and working.....

Now I can't figure out what I did and every subsequent reboot fails!!!

Back to the drawing board.

can you share your config.plist and the kext files you have?

Motherboard
HP Envy 17-U275CL
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
GTX MX150 / HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Only needed for imac15,1 imac17,1 and MacPro6,1 system definitions to avoid black screen. Current release version of NvidiaGraphicsFixup may also require NVWebDriverLibValFix. If you don't use NvidiaGraphicsFixup you don't need NVWebDriverLibValFix with these new web drivers.

Latest version of NvidiaGraphicsFixup in development does not require NVWebDriverLibValFix either as the fix is included.

I do not use NVGFu.kext or AGDP patch, but needed to have NVWebDriverLibValFix. Just throwing it out there. It seems there are many strange variables involved.

The first time I installed HS, I had the gIO blah blah loop. I removed the web drivers then booted back in and did the SIP trick to install the drivers again, same loop. Then I dropped NVWebDriverLibValFix into EFI/EFI/Clover/Kexts/other and it loaded with the Web Drivers working.

The 2nd time I installed HS just to test, I already had NVWebDriverLibValFix loading from Clover and just installed the Web drivers with SIP enabled, rebooted without SIP - all good.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For High Sierra, it seems to me, that AMD Radeon (RX 580) is the easiest way !!!
Only 2 kext and everything works beautifully

Motherboard
MSI H81i
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
RX 580
I do not use NVGFu.kext or AGDP patch, but needed to have NVWebDriverLibValFix. Just throwing it out there. It seems there are many strange variables involved.
Hopefully the next Nvidia installer which should be out soon will be less problematic.
Only 2 kext and everything works beautifully
The less kexts the better. Now will Vega 11 have credible driver support for our machines...

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII HERO
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was finally able to update and get my 1070 going but the latest supplemental update to fix the password problem broke it again so beware.

Motherboard
Asus Prime z370 A-II
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So with the 580, the drivers are part of High Sierra? Been debating adding one and turning off my 1080ti, leaving it for Windows.

Motherboard
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Downloaded the driver's provided in the link on the first post. Says it's not compatible with 10.13??? Also, Nvidia driver download page that has the "Agree and Download" button is completely screwed up with CSS/HTML errors.

The driver it downloads is 378.10.10.10.15.114.pkg

Can anyone confirm this is the correct driver to download? If not, can someone upload and share the correct driver pkg for High Sierra for me? Thank you very much!

Motherboard
GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU
Core i7 4790K
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Just wanted to add that I've spent countless hours on getting my Graphics Working in High Sierra and failed miserably. I've tried deleting drivers in single user mode multiple times and then screwing with the SIP multiple times to install the new drivers. With no drivers installed I can't even get High Sierra to boot into the non-accelerated NVidia mode (which works fine in Sierra). I have to take out my graphics card to boot into High Sierra.

One thing that really has confused me is which flags/clover settings actually do anything when doing all of this troubleshooting. Currently, my boot params are "dart=0 nv_spanmodepolicy=1" and I've been trying to use the NvidiaWeb System Parameter to turn Web Drivers on or off.

Do the boot options that look like they reflect the old boot params work in clover (nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1 , kext-dev-mode=1) ?

It seems like there are 3 different ways to do things which makes it extremely confusing. What's the right way to do things?

I'm using SMBIOS iMac 14,2 if that matters.

Motherboard
HP Envy 17-U275CL
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
GTX MX150 / HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
It looks like Apple has put up a new version of the installer. After finding High Sierra was incompatible with some of my audio plug-ins, I removed it, but I got the bug again. So I went for a 3rd install. I download the install app again and created an installer with createinstallmedia. And noticed I could not get past the 2nd stage of the install if I had NVWebDriverLibValFix injecting through Clover. I am talking after the first reboot where you choose the drive to install High Sierra on. The GUI comes up and you are greeted with "OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged"

Anyway, i removed that kext and continued the install from where it left off - no error and it proceeded like usual. When I got to the desktop and poked around, I realized the installer had installed build 17A405 and not 17A365. Where are those new web drivers! Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.