Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the old drivers need uninstalled before updating or will the present Nvidia drivers give notice that a new version is available?
Will I need to enable sip again to update?

Okay, who's got the magic new answer? Still in a bootloop at gIOlockstate - tried the new drivers and the update - still no love.

Stork - HELP! How do I get this 1060 up in running?

Try rebooting with hibernate wake disabled if you're having KPs on reboot after updating to the latest nvidia drivers for the supplemental update?

This new 17A405 version I installed from scratch without APFS conversion onto a blank drive. It would not install with NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext. See last post.

So now with the new web drivers out for this version -

I booted up with SIP ENABLED (CsrActiveConfig 0x0)
Installed the Web Drivers
Got the Gatekeeper Security message and allowed for Nvidia Extension.
Before rebooting I changed my config.plist putting CsrActiveConfig back to 0x67
So now booting with SIP DISABLED.
At desktop with full resolution etc etc.

SMBIOS 18,3

Latest Clover 4233

FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

All injecting through Clover

And an SSDT for CPUPM created by ssdtPRGen.sh in ACPI/patched

Last edited:
Note: There are some problems installing the initial Nvidia drivers (378.10.10.10.15.114) for High Sierra (HS). This was my solution to the kext install error and resulting black screen. In my initial HS installation, I did not add any other graphics kexts (e.g. Lilu.kext, Shiki.kext, NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext, etc).

Note: If you have the black screen and can't get into your HS system, then boot into the Recovery system. Then, from the top menu: Utility > Terminal. In the Terminal, remove the Nvidia drivers with the following Terminal commands:
Code:
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/System/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.* NVDA*.*
cd /Volumes/yourHSdiskname/
sudo touch ./Library/Extensions/ ./System/Library/Extensions/
Reboot. For some reason, the above breaks audio. So, if you can get along without it while trying the below procedure, I'll tell you how to regain audio below.

Installation

I am testing High Sierra on my Gene system with a NVMe and (temporary) a GTX 1060 with the SysDef iMac14,2. HS was easy to install (over a GM installation), but when I went to install the Nvidia drivers...well, I experience the problems you all have had. So, benefiting from your efforts, I successfully installed the drivers doing the following:

:ch: Mount the HS drive's EFI partition and change the SIP setting (CsrActiveConfig) from MultiBeast's default 0x3 to 0x0 which turns on SIP and save;

:ch: Make sure that the Security and Privacy System Preference pane General tab setting for "Allow apps downloaded from:" is set to "App Store and identified developers";

:ch: Reboot;

:ch: Once back to the Desktop, open the Security and Privacy System Preference pane and make sure the General tab is showing;

:ch: Start the Nividia install process;

:ch: During the installation, a window with a message like "The [...] kext is not signed and, in the Security and Privacy System Preference pane, you can approve its installation" (or something like that);

:ch: Once you approved the installation of that kext, the installer will complete and ask to your click on the "Restart" button...Don't do it yet;

:ch: In the Terminal, "touch" the two major kext directories:
Code:
sudo touch /Library/Extensions/ /System/Library/Extensions/

:ch: Now, mount the EFI partition and change the SIP (CsrActiveConfig) setting back to 0x3 and NvidiaWeb setting to "true";

:ch: Reboot;

:ch: The update "breaks" audio, so download and run toleda's audio_cloverALC-130.sh script from: GitHub - toleda/audio_CloverALC: OS X Realtek ALC onboard audio with Clover;

:ch: Reboot again.

You should be good to go! :thumbup:

Unfortunately, the GTX 1060 has worst glitching upon wake up from sleep then it did in Sierra. As a result, this problem caused me to reboot since the usual fixes couldn't be tried. :mad:

I'have followed this point to upgrade to latest drivers and it works like a charm !!!!

Impressive support there :)

Okay, who's got the magic new answer? Still in a bootloop at gIOlockstate - tried the new drivers and the update - still no love.

Stork - HELP! How do I get this 1060 up in running?

Did you read his post #2 ? It works perfectly make sure you re-enable SIP when installing the nvidia web driver per post #2 instruction then installer will work fine otherwise it will error out.

Hi! When I disable SIP (csrActiveConfig 0x0), all my USB ports don't work and I can't use mouse and keyboard so I can't install driver. When I set up (csrActiveConfig 0x3) USB ports works but I need 0x0 for installing driver. What is happening? How can I fix it?

I installed the HS supplemental update. Installed the latest Nvidia update (378.10.10.15.117) with SIP fully enabled. System definition is iMac14,2

Yet I am STILL seeing the freaking gIOScreenLockState error and can’t boot, this is absolutely nuts!

Does anyone have any ideas...? I’ve been hackintoshing since Leopard and High Sierra/Nvidia is without a doubt the worst I’ve ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back