Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only needed for imac15,1 imac17,1 and MacPro6,1 system definitions to avoid black screen. Current release version of NvidiaGraphicsFixup may also require NVWebDriverLibValFix. If you don't use NvidiaGraphicsFixup you don't need NVWebDriverLibValFix with these new web drivers.

Latest version of NvidiaGraphicsFixup in development does not require NVWebDriverLibValFix either as the fix is included.

I do not use NVGFu.kext or AGDP patch, but needed to have NVWebDriverLibValFix. Just throwing it out there. It seems there are many strange variables involved.

The first time I installed HS, I had the gIO blah blah loop. I removed the web drivers then booted back in and did the SIP trick to install the drivers again, same loop. Then I dropped NVWebDriverLibValFix into EFI/EFI/Clover/Kexts/other and it loaded with the Web Drivers working.

The 2nd time I installed HS just to test, I already had NVWebDriverLibValFix loading from Clover and just installed the Web drivers with SIP enabled, rebooted without SIP - all good.

For High Sierra, it seems to me, that AMD Radeon (RX 580) is the easiest way !!!
Only 2 kext and everything works beautifully

I do not use NVGFu.kext or AGDP patch, but needed to have NVWebDriverLibValFix. Just throwing it out there. It seems there are many strange variables involved.
Hopefully the next Nvidia installer which should be out soon will be less problematic.
Only 2 kext and everything works beautifully
The less kexts the better. Now will Vega 11 have credible driver support for our machines...

I was finally able to update and get my 1070 going but the latest supplemental update to fix the password problem broke it again so beware.

So with the 580, the drivers are part of High Sierra? Been debating adding one and turning off my 1080ti, leaving it for Windows.

Downloaded the driver's provided in the link on the first post. Says it's not compatible with 10.13??? Also, Nvidia driver download page that has the "Agree and Download" button is completely screwed up with CSS/HTML errors.

The driver it downloads is 378.10.10.10.15.114.pkg

Can anyone confirm this is the correct driver to download? If not, can someone upload and share the correct driver pkg for High Sierra for me? Thank you very much!

Just wanted to add that I've spent countless hours on getting my Graphics Working in High Sierra and failed miserably. I've tried deleting drivers in single user mode multiple times and then screwing with the SIP multiple times to install the new drivers. With no drivers installed I can't even get High Sierra to boot into the non-accelerated NVidia mode (which works fine in Sierra). I have to take out my graphics card to boot into High Sierra.

One thing that really has confused me is which flags/clover settings actually do anything when doing all of this troubleshooting. Currently, my boot params are "dart=0 nv_spanmodepolicy=1" and I've been trying to use the NvidiaWeb System Parameter to turn Web Drivers on or off.

Do the boot options that look like they reflect the old boot params work in clover (nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1 , kext-dev-mode=1) ?

It seems like there are 3 different ways to do things which makes it extremely confusing. What's the right way to do things?

I'm using SMBIOS iMac 14,2 if that matters.

It looks like Apple has put up a new version of the installer. After finding High Sierra was incompatible with some of my audio plug-ins, I removed it, but I got the bug again. So I went for a 3rd install. I download the install app again and created an installer with createinstallmedia. And noticed I could not get past the 2nd stage of the install if I had NVWebDriverLibValFix injecting through Clover. I am talking after the first reboot where you choose the drive to install High Sierra on. The GUI comes up and you are greeted with "OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged"

Anyway, i removed that kext and continued the install from where it left off - no error and it proceeded like usual. When I got to the desktop and poked around, I realized the installer had installed build 17A405 and not 17A365. Where are those new web drivers! Lol

Last edited:
Downloaded the driver's provided in the link on the first post. Says it's not compatible with 10.13??? Also, Nvidia driver download page that has the "Agree and Download" button is completely screwed up with CSS/HTML errors.

The driver it downloads is 378.10.10.10.15.114.pkg

Can anyone confirm this is the correct driver to download? If not, can someone upload and share the correct driver pkg for High Sierra for me? Thank you very much!

Apple has put up a new version of the Install High Sierra app on the app store that installs build 17A405. The first installer installed build was 17A365 and that worked with 378.10.10.10.15.114.pkg.

Currently there aren't any web drivers that will install OOB with the new build.

Last edited:
Apple has put up a new version of the Install High Sierra app on the app store that installs build 17A405. The first installer installed build was 17A365 and that worked with 378.10.10.10.15.114.pkg.

Currently there aren't any web drivers that will install OOB with the new build.
Apple has thrown a monkey wrench in the way of hacks with Nvidia cards. We use to be able to update Sierra and not worry about the graphics driver. Now it seems to mater for High Sierra. I will have to take both of my cards out to get back to High Sierra after update. After that may have to uninstall and reinstall Nvidia drivers for supplemental update?
I may have to go AMD card for my hack or just use IGPU and leave my 1070 cards for Windows 10 and Linux machine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back