Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.3 (334.01.01f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's fixed the PM bug? So far, I haven't had problems with my GTX 770, and hope it continues so.

The GTX680 I tried throttles down perfectly after running some OpenCL benchmarks. This was with the latest Nvidia web driver and 10.9.3.

What GPU's do these drivers work on? I have just a paltry 9500 GT. Would installing this driver be any benefit to me?

I have two GeFroce 780s and the first one works fine. The second shows up on my system profiler as unknown (which is better than in 10.9.2 update which didn't show it at all) but my second screen is blank.

I downloaded cuda and the NVDIA web drivers. Installed them both and tried both Graphics enabler yes and no and added the flag to the plist file. Nothing works. Neither screen works on graphics enabler yes. I changed the option in the Nvidia web graphics manager to use the web graphics and not the default ones with OSX too.

Is it important to place the flag in a specific spot? I just placed mine at the before the first Key string already in the file.

I am getting really tired of not being able to update. I couldn't figure this out for 10.9.2 either and I really need some help!

Hi, for those whos HDMI woking but DVI not, i had the same problem.
I have Evga 780ti. Updated to 10.9.3, installed new nvidia drivers.
At first only HDMI was working.
In smbios mac version was set to 6,1.
I swithced it to 10,1 and voila, both dvi and hdmi ports worked.
mac.png

I was able to install these drivers to work with my NVidia GTX 770 4GB, without following the steps below..
--------------
2. Navigate to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
3. Open in TextEdit
4. Add nvda_drv=1 to Kernel Flags as shown:
--------------
My system did not lock up on restart or boot, although my FPS was not as high as I expected under gaming. In fact gaming was sluggish and it should have been pristine. Could this be the reason?

Novabench rated my card at about 430.

Confirmed working on my system with no need to modify org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

EDIT: After one restart, my system froze up. Several times. So, I had to indeed add the line to my
org.chameleon.Boot.plist. -- also, it appeared I had the problem when I switched from the "OS X Default Graphics Driver" to the "NVIDIA Web Driver" in the NVIDIA Driver Manager Preferences.

Even on the "OS X Default Graphics Driver" I get power management on my graphics card:
EVGA GeForce GTX 670 4GB running on Asus Sabertooth x79 3930k

Just updated with these drivers and CUDA. No problems on my system(GTX 780SC), everything is working now including OpenCL which lets Preview and other apps work flawlessly. I finally have a fully functioning hackintosh!:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back