Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.9.3 (334.01.01f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuda 6.0.46 update available

Right now I am sitting on the latest web driver and Cuda 6.0.46, and I seem to be making progress on full functionality.

Reminder, I do have SLI, with two monitors attached to one card.

I previously added my device ID (0x1200) to AGPM, and with the current driver, I can launch LuxMark and have it run on both GPUs, and then quit LuxMark, and I actually see the second GPU throttle down. I see both GPUs throttle up and down in the system log, that said, the one card remains stuck at the full 3D clock. I have heard this is related to dual-monitors, but the fact that it is running hot indicates it is not only running at a high clockrate, it is also drawing additional current. THAT needs not happen, it's wasting electricity and shortening the lifespan of the card.

Anyhow, the other issue related to the above:
The one card continues to run hot. However, according to HWMonitor, that one card's fan speed is still low. The other card, which remains cool, has a variable fan speed that skyrockets upward.
It's like the system controls for fanspeed are getting mixed up between the two GPUs - so the card that needs additional cooling is not getting it, while the other card, sitting dormant, is seeing the fan throttle up for no reason.

I suspect this is related: one GPU is named PEGP, the other GPU is named GFX0.

How can I get this corrected? I assume I need to get one card named GFX0, and the other card named GFX1? I believe that the card with both monitors attached is currently named PEGP, as Unigine Heaven ran on only one card, and only PEGP had p-state changes in the log at that time. When both cards ran in LuxMark, I saw both in the log. I suspect the system wants to throttle GFX0's fan, but that's the wrong GPU at the moment.

So, I think I need to rename PEGP to GFX0, and the current GFX0 to GFX1.

How do I do that? Or, does anyone suspect another fix?

I have a GTX 770 running on a z87n-WIFI motherboard and a 4770k. Currently I'm back to 10.9.2 because updating to 10.9.3 made my GPU not be recognized at the login screen. Would installing this web driver fix my issues if I was able to install it from another hard drive on my machine running 10.9.2?

Forcing driver can be done in boot section:
Code:
<key>Boot</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Arguments</key>
            <string>nvda_drv=1</string>
This is what I had to do, too. I used Clover Configurator, which also has it in the Boot area. Not a big deal. If/when 10.9.4 comes out I can uncheck it prior to updating.

Right now I am sitting on the latest web driver and Cuda 6.0.46, and I seem to be making progress on full functionality.

Reminder, I do have SLI, with two monitors attached to one card.

I previously added my device ID (0x1200) to AGPM, and with the current driver, I can launch LuxMark and have it run on both GPUs, and then quit LuxMark, and I actually see the second GPU throttle down. I see both GPUs throttle up and down in the system log, that said, the one card remains stuck at the full 3D clock. I have heard this is related to dual-monitors, but the fact that it is running hot indicates it is not only running at a high clockrate, it is also drawing additional current. THAT needs not happen, it's wasting electricity and shortening the lifespan of the card.

Anyhow, the other issue related to the above:
The one card continues to run hot. However, according to HWMonitor, that one card's fan speed is still low. The other card, which remains cool, has a variable fan speed that skyrockets upward.
It's like the system controls for fanspeed are getting mixed up between the two GPUs - so the card that needs additional cooling is not getting it, while the other card, sitting dormant, is seeing the fan throttle up for no reason.

I suspect this is related: one GPU is named PEGP, the other GPU is named GFX0.

How can I get this corrected? I assume I need to get one card named GFX0, and the other card named GFX1? I believe that the card with both monitors attached is currently named PEGP, as Unigine Heaven ran on only one card, and only PEGP had p-state changes in the log at that time. When both cards ran in LuxMark, I saw both in the log. I suspect the system wants to throttle GFX0's fan, but that's the wrong GPU at the moment.

So, I think I need to rename PEGP to GFX0, and the current GFX0 to GFX1.

How do I do that? Or, does anyone suspect another fix?

I have 2 gtx680 in sli for gaming windows , I have multiple monitors at 2 graphics , with new drivers only work one graphic card,sometimes one other times the other but not work the 2 graphics.
I read what you put on the device name in the dsdt and have injected the graphics in the dsdt , a graphic the call GFX1 and two GFX2 , test de driver and work fine and powermanagemend fine fine , photoshop no stuck in 1,06ghz , finally works . for mac pro in AGPM kexts see in mac pro 6,1 gfx1 and gfx2 so I've tried, I hope it's worth something.

;)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 238
  • 2.png
    2.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 3.png
    3.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 4.png
    4.png
    264.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 5.png
    5.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 191
For some reason after installing 10.9.3 and updating the graphic drivers, I can only get signal when connecting my monitor thru the hdmi connection of my[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][/FONT][/FONT] video card. Before the update, I was able to connect my monitor thru the dvi connection and get signal as well but not anymore. What gives?

Dear All Please HELP !!!

recently updated from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3 .... after that, i get no signal out of my GTX 780 neither hdmi nor dvi. So idid a CLEAN install of 10.9.3 with unibeast, blah blah blah. and i first installed the multi beast profiles, and i do get signal out of my card till then. Until after i install the latest Cuda Driver and this 334.01.01f01 Web Driver, i get no signals again.... i can only see my computer through VNC viewing...
i also put the nvda_drv=1 into boot.plist already.

Please help!!! Really frustrated

-H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back