Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 an

Status
Not open for further replies.
In about this mac it says Mac Pro (Early 2008) which is Mac 1,3. Right.

Also I have a VGA monitor and use a VGA to DVI connected to connect the monitor. If I unplug and replug the monitor. It will boot fine for sure. But subsequent restart dont guarantee proper boot without black screen.

I have a ASUS Strix gtx 970 does it matter that I have different brand GPU??

In about this mac it says Mac Pro (Early 2008) which is Mac 1,3. Right.

Also I have a VGA monitor and use a VGA to DVI connected to connect the monitor. If I unplug and replug the monitor. It will boot fine for sure. But subsequent restart dont guarantee proper boot without black screen.

I have a ASUS Strix gtx 970 does it matter that I have different brand GPU??

It is possible the problem is your adapter

I tried the different adapter still the problem persists. it is random. also i h97 d3h the boot is slow.

Moreover, I didnt have this problem when I had gtx560 which the 970 replaced.

This started happening also could be because I use GraphicsEnabler= NO as otherwise the 970 is not detected and some 3000mb generic gpu is detected in about the Mac. During 560 I always had GraphicsEnabler= Yes.

But with GraphicsEnabler=No I get better smoother and less lag while scrolling webpages or pdf files.

It is just annoying that sometimes I get black screen and after restarting 2-3 times it boot properly. I dont know what gives.

I tried connecting to my TV throuhj HDMI and it works absolutely perfect. So I guess I have to buy a new HDMI monitor now.

I have updated to 10.10.3 and I am still having the same problem through VGA/DVI. BUt I will still tinker with it to see if I can find a permanent solution for the VGA/DVI setup.

thanks for the help. :D

I tried the different adapter still the problem persists. it is random. also i h97 d3h the boot is slow.

Moreover, I didnt have this problem when I had gtx560 which the 970 replaced.

This started happening also could be because I use GraphicsEnabler= NO as otherwise the 970 is not detected and some 3000mb generic gpu is detected in about the Mac. During 560 I always had GraphicsEnabler= Yes.

But with GraphicsEnabler=No I get better smoother and less lag while scrolling webpages or pdf files.

It is just annoying that sometimes I get black screen and after restarting 2-3 times it boot properly. I dont know what gives.

You should not be using GraphicsEnabler=yes with a GTX 970. The GTX 560 requires it though. The 970 should just require the drivers to be installed and the boot flag nvda_drv=1

Ok. Since the hdmi Tv worked fine, till i get a hdmi monitor Ill get a HDMI to VGA converter and see if it works.. What are your views on it? You think it will work???

Do u have a HDMI/ DVI or VGA monitor and how do you connect it to the MSI GPU?

Ok. Since the hdmi Tv worked fine, till i get a hdmi monitor Ill get a HDMI to VGA converter and see if it works.. What are your views on it? You think it will work???

Do u have a HDMI/ DVI or VGA monitor and how do you connect it to the MSI GPU?

I don't know if the adapter will work. I use displayport but have also used HDMI and DVI. The monitors I have connected it to have either been HDMI only or DP and HDMI.

hmm... maybe then the gpu might work with hdmi and dvi but i guess vga is an issue. ill get a hdmi to vga converter anyway and test as it is cheaper. i just need a stop gap solution till i get a hdmi monitor.

hmm... maybe then the gpu might work with hdmi and dvi but i guess vga is an issue. ill get a hdmi to vga converter anyway and test as it is cheaper. i just need a stop gap solution till i get a hdmi monitor.

To my knowledge MAC OS (recent versions) don't support the legacy VGA port (may include adaptor).
If you have windows on the same system it may work.

mcity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back