Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 an

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my understanding that these drivers required a Mac Pro system definition ?
Yes, I use Mac Pro 3,1 to be on the safe side. The MP3,1 uses the same type of memory our hacks use - non ECC. The MP4,1/5,1 use ECC memory, and there is a kext you have to remove to use these two System Definitions.

It was my understanding that these drivers required a Mac Pro system definition ?

The driver installer checks for those three system definitions but the drivers run just fine with other definitions once installed and a Mac Pro definition is not required. They also update without checking for those system definitions. See my post about Solving NVIDIA driver install problems if you want to get around installing them on a different system definition.

how to set up dual monitors

Just plug the second monitor in, should be auto-detected.
Open SystemPrefs -> Displays and arrange as you like.

Arrange is only shown on the main monitor
Scaling and Color Setup is indivdual on each monitor

I am having issues with my Hackintosh.

I have a 970 graphics card and when I try to run off the card my machine crashes on the grey login screen. If I swap to the built in graphics it is fine. Running off the 970 but using the built in OS X drivers the resolution is terrible. I guess it is an issue with the 970 drivers.

I am running 10.10.3

Profile is MacPro 3,1

Nvidia drivers 346.01.02f01

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

I am having issues with my Hackintosh.

I have a 970 graphics card and when I try to run off the card my machine crashes on the grey login screen. If I swap to the built in graphics it is fine. Running off the 970 but using the built in OS X drivers the resolution is terrible. I guess it is an issue with the 970 drivers.

I am running 10.10.3

Profile is MacPro 3,1

Nvidia drivers 346.01.02f01

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

What build of 10.10.3 are you running?

The drivers built in for OS X do not support Maxwell based GPUs. A should GTX 970 work fine with Yosemite using the web drivers but you must use nvda_drv=1 in your boot flags.

What build of 10.10.3 are you running?

The drivers built in for OS X do not support Maxwell based GPUs. A should GTX 970 work fine with Yosemite using the web drivers but you must use nvda_drv=1 in your boot flags.

I thought I had set the boot flags correctly. Here is the contents of my org.chameleon.boot.plist file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Any clues in there?

Thanks.

I thought I had set the boot flags correctly. Here is the contents of my org.chameleon.boot.plist file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Any clues in there?

Thanks.

Looks fine there. Check your OS X build number. There have been 3 drivers for 10.10.3 and the driver you have installed only works for build number 14D131. If you have build number 14D136 then you should be using driver 346.01.02f03.

I have just double checked; my OS X build number is 14D131 and my Nvidia web driver is 346.01.02f01.

I have checked under windows and the graphics card works fine so I don't think it is a physical issue with the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back