Contribute
Register

NVIDIA 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Released: Buyer's Guide Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here have problem with 3D text rendering on FCP 10.3?
the text are just playing peekaboo and exporting project will not include 3D text.
Sierra 10.12.4 Nvidia 1060

Seems to be an issue with Nvidia Cards that need the web driver, They can't render 3D text on best quality. If you go to motion
and use 3d text, change the rendering to normal and it works. I was hoping the new drivers and cards would solve this!!!

Nvidia "Kelper" cards and Radeon's are fine

hm... i have changed the system definition a few times, but did not help. Also i was having another systems definition, none of those written in this guide, still the same issues ...

dont know if you read whole thread but fix is simple, just pick up definition for you, e.g. MacPro6,1 and put Lilu.Kext and NvidiaGraphicsSetup.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and thats it.

dont know if you read whole thread but fix is simple, just pick up definition for you, e.g. MacPro6,1 and put Lilu.Kext and NvidiaGraphicsSetup.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and thats it.

Slight typo - should be nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext

Any chance of this driver support the Quadro like, such as the Quadro P1000?

Well, i know because i have gone through all 6 steps, and non of them worked. Again i have to say, that the card as such was recognized (because i could connect with VNC to it) proof the screenshot attached here. Issue might be that i am not using DP nor HDMI for OSX but only DVI, so i would say that the issue is with the signal not being redirected to DVI. Unfortunately i cannot hook it up to my TV to test. Perhaps you can tell me how to redirect the video signal to the right port using IOReg or DCPi, that would be "the easiest" way to solve this.
Pascal-not-working.png

Well, i know because i have gone through all 6 steps, and non of them worked. Again i have to say, that the card as such was recognized (because i could connect with VNC to it) proof the screenshot attached here. Issue might be that i am not using DP nor HDMI for OSX but only DVI, so i would say that the issue is with the signal not being redirected to DVI. Unfortunately i cannot hook it up to my TV to test. Perhaps you can tell me how to redirect the video signal to the right port using IOReg or DCPi, that would be "the easiest" way to solve this.
View attachment 250581

Well, here my knowledge ends. But why dont use HDMI or DP ?

Any chance of this driver support the Quadro like, such as the Quadro P1000?

Just ordered a Quadro P400 from Amazon to test with. If it doesn't work, I'll return it. If it does work, I'll return it and get a P1000. ;)

I am warning you guys who want buy Titan Xp for video editing.

Really suck! My friend has a MacBook Pro 2013 i7. The same file we render in between both his MacBook pro and my Customac

Then the result is so bad for my machine.

So 2013 MacBook Pro = 8min.
My i7 6700k 4.5mhz = 28min.

I know FCPX will use GPU source than CPU but this is ridiculous.

if you want to edit videos then go with a radeon card, the Nvidia cards are mainly for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back