Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Launches "Maxwell" GeForce GTX 750 and 750 ti Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do these GTX 750 cards differ from the "NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 1GB video memory" in the current 2.9GHz 21.5" iMac?

They are nothing like the 750M. The 750M is a laptop chip that came out about a year ago. The GTX 750 is a new desktop card that uses a brand new architecture, Maxwell. Unless NVIDIA gives us a present, we won't be able to use Maxwell cards until Apple comes out with a model using Maxwell.

Odds are decent that will be soon. Maxwell is supposed to be super power efficient and they are rolling out a number of mobile cards (with 800M type numbers) which should be attractive for Apple to use.

BIOS enable pci gfx, disable igfx

GraphicsEnabler=Yes and nv_disable=1 thats all...

Ok I know it's not the best configuration.......

But........ Your Mavericks work and start with that??

Thank you guys, I can't believe that this video card supported yet!

So what if this card will never get on official release. Is there any compatibility driver? Just to have some minor Graphic acceleration maybe. Does this mean we might never see this card running on osx?

I was looking around and it seems that GTX 860M has the same gpu based GM107 and has almost identical specs. I guess the drivers might be available unofficially some day in the future. Until than i will have to freeze a backup partition for my Mavericks.

Still hoping for an alternative solution. If anyone got this card working even not fully i would really appreciate some info. Thank you all!

Hi

I just bought this card (asus GTX 750 ti)

Do you think a driver will be out soon ?

Can I wait some days/months or may I change with another card.
What the best choice => max 150 euros ?

Thanks for your help

They release their 2013 iMacs in September so i guess a couple of months,or maybe even more,maybe never. I would go for another card. Unless you like that card. For now osx is not supporting it.

Still no support for Maxwell 750 chipset in 10.9.4. We'll have to wait for an Apple Mac to be produced with the 750 Maxwell chipset.

I, too, am anxious to see support because there is a Gigabyte 750 Ti calling my name. :D With two DVI and HDMI connections who could resist 4 monitors. Right! Well, come on, Apple!

Still no support for Maxwell 750 chipset in 10.9.4. We'll have to wait for an Apple Mac to be produced with the 750 Maxwell chipset.

I, too, am anxious to see support because there is a Gigabyte 750 Ti calling my name. :D With two DVI and HDMI connections who could resist 4 monitors. Right! Well, come on, Apple!

4 monitors on a 750Ti would probably kill it anyway :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back