ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming
CPU
i7-8700k @ 5 GHz OC
Graphics
RX580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi tonymacx86,
I recently installed a fresh copy of macOS Sierra 10.12 on my Alienware 17 (Check signature for config). I installed Nvidia web drivers and then rebooted. After the loading screen it got a garbled screen. when I checked my web drivers preferences, I saw No Device Found. Please help me to fix this guys.

Thanks in Advance.

PFA for my Config.plist
Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 11.11.49 PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 418
Hi tonymacx86,
I recently installed a fresh copy of macOS Sierra 10.12 on my Alienware 17 (Check signature for config). I installed Nvidia web drivers and then rebooted. After the loading screen it got a garbled screen. when I checked my web drivers preferences, I saw No Device Found. Please help me to fix this guys.

Thanks in Advance.

PFA for my Config.plist
View attachment 214356

Had the same problem as per my post here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gtx980-intermittently-not-detected-under-sierra.203838/

1. Get rid of nv_disable=1 in your boot args
2. Set NvidiaWeb in SystemParameters to true. It is set as false right now.
3. If that still doesn't work - make sure you have all kext removed apart from FakeSMC (the one from MultiBeast/the downloads section). Keep adding the kext files back until you find the culprit which is causing your issues.

1. Get rid of nv_disable=1 in your boot args
2. Set NvidiaWeb in SystemParameters to true. It is set as false right now.
3. If that still doesn't work - make sure you have all kext removed apart from FakeSMC (the one from MultiBeast/the downloads section). Keep adding the kext files back until you find the culprit which is causing your issues.

...also noticed your SMBios is set for a MacBookPro11,2...don't have much experience with that. iMac14,2 is usually recommended.

Actually before changing permanently, i temporarily removed nv_disable=1 and enabled nvidiaweb from the clover boot menu. I get a garbled screen. And also in the nvidia manager it is showing no devices found under ecc tab. In about this mac, i see nvidia geforce gtx 880M 0 MB when i boot with inject nvidia and nv_disable=1. In any case i get a garbled screen.

Hi I don't know if this is helpful or not but I just came from here.
https://www.ifixit.com/Story/18646/Successful_iMac_Upgrade_to_GTX_880M
To make a non-apple provided Nvidia graphics card work in macOS Sierra you need to do the following…

Start the computer in safe mode by holding shift.

Get your BoardID by running this command in terminal

echo "<result>$(ioreg -rd1 -c IOPlatformExpertDevice | awk -F'["|"]' '/board-id/{print $4}')</result>"

Open the AppleGraphicsControl Kext using this command

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Use the arrow keys to go down until you see <key>ConfigMap</key> followed by a bunch of keys and strings.

LOOK FOR YOUR BOARD ID…

IF IT IS LISTED: Change the string to <string>none</string>

IF IT IS NOT LISTED: Add it in the same format as the ones listed.

Save the file by pressing Ctrl+O, then enter.

Exit by pressing Ctrl+X

Rebuild the kernel cache using the following two commands:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

AND

sudo kextcache -system-caches

Have Fun!

Jason

As I said I don't know if it's in anyway helpful, but I signed up just link and paste what Jason wrote.

-CAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back