Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
*** UPDATE ***
Ok, I've got the OS seeing it as a 760 now. Found the post about adding the nvda_drv=1 flag to the boot file and it seems to be using the new drivers. Premiere sees it now. However, I am getting an intermittent black screen flash every few minutes or so. Anybody seen that?
Hi,

Can you link to the post about adding nvda_drv=1? How do you do that?

Thanks. I guess I'm not having any luck being that I did everything in 10.8.5 not an earlier OS. I was able to get the nVidia drivers all installed and working to the point that the OS sees my graphics card properly, I just can't boot from the nVidia driver instead of the OS X default driver.

Can you take a look at my Boot plist to see if I've done anything wrong?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks. I guess I'm not having any luck being that I did everything in 10.8.5 not an earlier OS.

Hmm. I don't see any obvious mistakes.
That said, I don't think it has anything to do with you starting at 10.8.5
It should work just fine there as well.

So you actually see the NVIDIA Web Driver selected instead of the default driver?
Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 12.36.16 PM.png

It sees my GPU but it says it is unsupported.
Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 12.38.38 PM.png

You know what? I take that back. It doesn't look like mine are automatically on anymore either.
I had assumed they were because the card was showing up at GTX760 instead of GK 104 after I installed the drivers.

That said, don't worry about the ECC tab, your card doesn't have ECC memory. It's not saying that your card is incompatible with the drivers, just that it doesn't have ECC memory which some of the workstation cards do.

You know what? I take that back. It doesn't look like mine are automatically on anymore either.
Ok. I guess I assumed this would be the golden key to allow me to use Premiere and Davinci. Are you able to run those programs?

That said, don't worry about the ECC tab, your card doesn't have ECC memory. It's not saying that your card is incompatible with the drivers, just that it doesn't have ECC memory which some of the workstation cards do.
Thanks!

Premiere yes, Resolve 10 beta kind of. It's using some of the GPU because I can playback DNG streams from my 5DIII in realtime. But when I start playing with sliders, it's not great. Should be better.
That said, I only dabble in video so YMMV. I'm also a little underwhelmed by 760 support. Should have ponied up for a 770.

Premiere yes, Resolve 10 beta kind of. It's using some of the GPU because I can playback DNG streams from my 5DIII in realtime. But when I start playing with sliders, it's not great. Should be better.
Are you on Premiere CS6 or CC? Would me being on CS6 make a difference? Right now Premiere hangs on the loading screen saying "Loading ImporterQuicktime.bundle"

Resolve would probably work (haven't tried it on the hack) it just gives me a warning that the video playback won't be realtime or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back