Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your i5 processor has HD2500 graphics from memory which are unsupported in OS X. If you boot using -v the text probably stops around bluetooth controller. This points to graphics not initialising and the process appears to hang.

Can you not get any output from the GTX 760 card when using the UniBeast installer? Can you confirm this is the case with all outputs (15 pin d-sub included)

Try
Code:
 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x
Note - Bootlegs are case sensitive & spelling errors render them void.

Mac is turning on now, but only in safe mode... Is there a way which i can boot normally....

when i boot normally with just -v kernel panic says "SMC: Successfully Initialised" and just hangs there?

Any ideas on this?

Mac is turning on now, but only in safe mode... Is there a way which i can boot normally....

when i boot normally with just -v kernel panic says "SMC: Successfully Initialised" and just hangs there?

Any ideas on this?

Did you patch the BIOS? It may be worth considering test driving clover as that would let you patch power management on the fly for this Asus board.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html

i haven't patched bios and I'm not sure how to do that... Sorry I'm quite new to this.
Ill give clover a go and see what happens, could you let me know how to patch bios?

thanks

jools

If you wish to patch the Bios using Chimera/ Chameleon boot loader then you are best to use google to find working links.

To use Clover as your boot loader then address your questions to the Alternate boot loader section and put Clover in the title:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/

Describe clearly what you are trying to achieve and someone with good knowledge will be able to assist. :thumbup:

If you wish to patch the Bios using Chimera/ Chameleon boot loader then you are best to use google to find working links.

To use Clover as your boot loader then address your questions to the Alternate boot loader section and put Clover in the title:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/

Describe clearly what you are trying to achieve and someone with good knowledge will be able to assist. :thumbup:

Well I am using clover and its working perfectly!! Thanks very much for all your help! :)

Help needed!!! :(
I'm pretty new to this new setup, my last mackintosh is 3 years ago...

My setup Gigabyte Z97X UD3H Motherboard (i7-4790), Geforce GTX760, Yosemite (10.10.1)

Some configurations which i've tried.
WHEN GRAPHIC CARD IS REMOVED FROM MOTHERBOARD
- The hdmi port from the motherboard works well.
- Desktop can be clearly scene on my LCD monitor.
- No error message

WHEN GRAPHIC CARD IS CONNECTED TO MOTHERBOARD (with both HDMI port connected)
- ONLY the graphic card's HDMI port seems to be working
- HDMI port from the motherboard doesn't work, and it's causing weird flickers to the monitor.
- Finder shows pop up window, error message. No icons on desktop. Other than the dock, there are no icons on desktop and no navigation bar on the top of the desktop.

Is is something to do with my multibeast setup?

Thanks! :)

Help needed!!! :(
I'm pretty new to this new setup, my last mackintosh is 3 years ago...

My setup Gigabyte Z97X UD3H Motherboard (i7-4790), Geforce GTX760, Yosemite (10.10.1)

Some configurations which i've tried.
WHEN GRAPHIC CARD IS REMOVED FROM MOTHERBOARD
- The hdmi port from the motherboard works well.
- Desktop can be clearly scene on my LCD monitor.
- No error message

WHEN GRAPHIC CARD IS CONNECTED TO MOTHERBOARD (with both HDMI port connected)
- ONLY the graphic card's HDMI port seems to be working
- HDMI port from the motherboard doesn't work, and it's causing weird flickers to the monitor.
- Finder shows pop up window, error message. No icons on desktop. Other than the dock, there are no icons on desktop and no navigation bar on the top of the desktop.

Is is something to do with my multibeast setup?

Thanks! :)

Check the motherboard BIOS settings are set up to allow the Integrated graphics to be the first enabled. Moderator Wildwillow did this with his hardware on a build that he did last year:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...uild-ga-z87x-oc-i7-4770k-hd4600-gt-640-a.html

Straycat264, can you please tell me if you are using Premiere by any chance? And if you have successfully managed to get Premiere and Ae to recognise your Gigabyte card?

Straycat264, can you please tell me if you are using Premiere by any chance? And if you have successfully managed to get Premiere and Ae to recognise your Gigabyte card?

I'm also looking at the 760 to pair with Adobe... did you come to any conclusions? Anyone know why the 760 isn't mentioned in the buyer's guide (the 750 is..) when there seems to be good cuda value? Are there complications with compatibility compared to the other cards in the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back