1. iOS
Ok I'm at my wits-end here!!
First my specs.

Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 AMD GA-Z77X-UD5H
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2048 MB
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
3 monitors set up

Having an issue where the system will lock up. The mouse works, but cant click, and audio will continue which makes me believe its a graphics card issue. It seems to happen specifically when I'm using Final Cut Pro X AND Safari at the same time. Safari will "glitch" out and show pixelation blocks and a moment after that the system stops responding, and only works upon hard reset.

I cant keep doing this. I figured before I threw the damn thing out the window I'd ask here because after hours of research I havent seen an answer anywhere. I did install the latest NVIDIA driver but I'm not sure if it started after that or if it was doing it already. ANY suggestions would be a HUGE help!

Thanks guys!

NVIDIA GeForce 660 Ti glitching and FCPX Lock Up

My build is similar to yours. Using a 660Ti 32 gigs of ram etc. etc.

I use this hackintosh to cut FCPX home videos. For the longest time I chased fixes for lock ups during project renders. The solution was easier than I thought: I created a user administrator called Movieman and everything cleared up.

Apparently the primary user's caches clog. Or somesuch thing. The new user has to start FCPX and then it creates ne folders and templates in the users movie folder.

After creating the user and logging in, EVERYTHING worked faster.

Whew

Pulled the 660Ti and reverted to the GTX460. Reinstalled 10.8.2 etc. Added these lines to Chimera plist:

PCIRootUID=0
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

No more lockups. Geekebench 64 reports 15,300. Good enuff!

Wow sorry this is such a delayed reply but thank you for the help! That did in fact seem to work for that issue. Now I'm having an issue with "Neatvideo" freezing the computer when over used but thats on their end not mine. So thank you for the help!

My 660ti used to glitch and lock with FCPX. Did the update to 10.8.3 and it has been smooth sailing.

-Alex-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back