Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody help me? I have a working Lion Mac. There are some problems though. I see some people getting better cinebench scores with worse cards than me, and even people who have the same card getting better scores. What am I doing wrong or what should I do? Do I have to mess with the power-management? How do I do that? I installed the driver through kexts.com. I found a gtx5XXX enabler and downloaded it and it worked. But it seems like my graphics power is very low. What should I do or how should I reinstall it? Also, my computer can't shutdown sleep or restart. It crashes when I try to do that. Any ideas would help. Thanks.

adding device ID and ATY_Init, along with the multibeast GeForce driver bundle, has got me pulling 45fps on cinebench.

how does that rank? seems pretty good...

even though i've added the correct device ID, my system profiler doesn't recognize the "HD" nature of my card. display port works, haven't checked HDMI.

dontstealmyidea said:
adding device ID and ATY_Init, along with the multibeast GeForce driver bundle, has got me pulling 45fps on cinebench.

even though i've added the correct device ID, my system profiler doesn't recognize the "HD" nature of my card. display port works, haven't checked HDMI.

Excuse me, but isn't ATY_Init used with ATI cards only? What does this kext do? Does it really boost anything with a gtx580 for exemple?
thx

jpa said:
new installer

This is an installer for GTX 5XX cards.
It will enable QE/CI, OpenGL and OpenCL.
Created with Netkas Aty_init.kext and Tonymacs GeforceGLDriver.bundle.
Should work on this cards:
-GTX 560
-GTX 560Ti
-GTX 560M
-GTX 570
-GTX 580
-GTX 590

http://www.osx86.net/view/2070-gtx_5xx_enabler.html

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm thinking this post should get stickied!

Just installed an MSI GTX 560 Ti 2GB and it seems to be working flawlessly :mrgreen:
As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working without a hitch. sleep, bluetooth, usb, audio... everything works just as well as it did before. I followed the quoted post to a T.

Geekbench score = 7799 (ran in the demo 32-bit mode, despite running a 64-bit system)

Novabench score = 1240

**EDIT**
I'm noticing now that when i boot in to OSX with a disc in the optical drive, i get some sort of error -- once i lost audio, once i lost USB... rebooting after this happened got me a kernel panic. However, powering down and removing the disc from the drive, i was able to boot back up without any tinkering.

EDIT:

So, i did some of the netkas tutorial for 570, so i got full res and I'm gonna try the other things to hope have full working graphics, if i can which benchmarks are you guys making? so i can give you all my results, running 570 + i5 750 @3.8

English please? Lol, I am still a newb. How do you do that?

dontstealmyidea said:

What was your cinebench graphics score?

iOmega666 said:
EDIT:

So, i did some of the netkas tutorial for 570, so i got full res and I'm gonna try the other things to hope have full working graphics, if i can which benchmarks are you guys making? so i can give you all my results, running 570 + i5 750 @3.8

Cinebench? Gonna try that later, but tried Dolphin and some games, GameCube games in Dolphin rune nice! but Wii games make the emulator just crash :S i think it's the emulator the problem bu anyway i tried L4D2 through steam and it was a bit dissapointing cuz i only got 40FPS with my 570.

Is there any app or command in terminal that can tell me if i got full graphics acceleration?? or if something is wrong????

aFlockOfMoosen said:
jpa said:
new installer

This is an installer for GTX 5XX cards.
It will enable QE/CI, OpenGL and OpenCL.
Created with Netkas Aty_init.kext and Tonymacs GeforceGLDriver.bundle.
Should work on this cards:
-GTX 560
-GTX 560Ti
-GTX 560M
-GTX 570
-GTX 580
-GTX 590

http://www.osx86.net/view/2070-gtx_5xx_enabler.html

I'm thinking this post should get stickied!

Just installed an MSI GTX 560 Ti 2GB and it seems to be working flawlessly :mrgreen:
As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working without a hitch. sleep, bluetooth, usb, audio... everything works just as well as it did before. I followed the quoted post to a T.

Geekbench score = 7799 (ran in the demo 32-bit mode, despite running a 64-bit system)

Novabench score = 1240

**EDIT**
I'm noticing now that when i boot in to OSX with a disc in the optical drive, i get some sort of error -- once i lost audio, once i lost USB... rebooting after this happened got me a kernel panic. However, powering down and removing the disc from the drive, i was able to boot back up without any tinkering.

HMMM. So turns out it wasn't the disc in the drive. It seems to KP every other boot in to OSX, and i get crackle noises from my speakers when it does boot.

The KP reports Kexts in backtrace include IOPCIFamily and IOFireWiresomething. I'm guessing this is related to adding PCIRootUID=1 in org.chameleon.boot.plist, as per the GTX 5XX Installer, quoted. To do this, I simply added "<string>PCIRootUID=1</string>" to the org.chameleon.boot.plist. I did not enter a <Key>, nor was I specific about exactly where within the plist i put this string... do you think either of these would make a difference?

I've almost been able to get the Asus 580 working on 10.7.2 but somethings not right with CUDA. Anybody got any hints?

Mobo: GA-Z68X-UD7-B3
CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.2GHZ
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB kit @ 1600
Graphics: Asus ENGTX580 DCII

I used these files to make it work:
http://www.osx86.net/view/2074-gtx_5xx_enabler.html
http://www.osx86.net/view/1533-gtx580_lion.html

My /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file:
Code:
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 darkwake=0 arch=x86_64</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

Opengl and opencl seem to work fine.
In Premiere CS5 I can sometimes choose "mercury playback engine", sometimes unless I'm too quick at startup as then its grey.Theres no difference in performace, with or without "mercury playback hardware" enabled, its always software jittery. What to do? Have tried multiple kexts and boot.plst settings.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back