HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I haven't personally tested, but apparently adding your device id to the NVDAGF100Hal kext will enable the NVIDIA GeForce 5xx series in Lion. :D

Anyone with one of these cards want to confirm? Post as much info as you can on model, device ID, brand, etc... with screenshots.

:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

Go team!

As soon as I am able to get Lion installed I will post my results. I have both a 570 and a 580 gtx. Should be this afternoon!!!!! :thumbup:

GTX 570 fully works: both displays through DVI, DVI-VGA dongle or miniHDMI-HDMI cable, any resolution, acceleration, OpenGL 3.2.

OpenCL works after editing of GeforceGLdriver.bundle, as Netkas wrote in his blog.

Can anyone give a good guide for doing this? I've run across a lot of oddball guides :/

Yolanda, if you could please elaborate as to your methods, i would love it. Pre-Lion launch, you mentioned that you had yours going on DP4 and GM.

I guess all i really need to know is, did you have to install any kexts at all, or is it all just editing the proper kexts within Lion itself?

My GT 430 wont run worth a dang on Lion, my 5770 - ZNFR wont even let me boot Lion in safe mode with verbose. I have 5x diff Vid cards laying around, and the 5770 and 550Ti are the only ones i WANT to use. Either one would work.

Please point me in the right direction. :)

~~Grave

Yolanda said:
GTX 570 fully works: both displays through DVI, DVI-VGA dongle or miniHDMI-HDMI cable, any resolution, acceleration, OpenGL 3.2.

OpenCL works after editing of GeforceGLdriver.bundle, as Netkas wrote in his blog.

Nice! :thumbup:

If someone can do a nice follow up on how to do, it will be great! :wave:

Thanks in advance for the help!

Yes, please make a guide! :thumbup: :D

kthx

Man, I guess it's time to wipe and install... HD3000 AND 580s?! Ballin'!

Update : GTX 550TI FULLY working, save one minor detail.

I used the method posted on InsanelyMac, added my Device ID to the NVDAGF100Hal, installed ATY_Int with KextBeast, all working save for proper card ID in System Profiler. Minor, considering everything else works.

DevID for the RD of the nVidia GTX 550Ti is 1244 for those who have it.

~~Grave

**Edit** The Info in System Profiler will NOT show the name of the card if you are in 32bit. In 64Bit, it shows properly.

100% working in 64bit :D

EDIT! While everything seems to work. Any 3D rendering locks the machine. Many are reporting the same issue. I've since updated to the latest Chimera, removed ATY_Init, and reactivated Graphics Enabler. Still no go.

Edit 2: If I load with a "-v" flag, 3D rendering works. Others are reporting this as well. Something about the timing of the driver loads would be my guess.

Edit 3 I misread blanking out "Graphics Mode" with "Graphics Enabler". Once I put "Graphics Enabler" back to "yes" and insert <key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string> into my boot.apple.plist, all was well :D Thanks hannibal1969

nVidia 580 GTX fully functional. QE / CI 100% so far. Haven't tested CUDA yet.

eVGA Black Ops Model

Mac Identifier is set to 3.1 currently

What I did
Go to System/Library/Extensions/ and open up (Show Package Content) the NVDAGF100Hal.kext.
3. Go to Contents and open up the file info.plist
4. Go to the following line in the file and add your own device id. You have to google for that though:

1200 is GTX560Ti
1251 is GTX560M
1081 is GTX570
1080 is GTX580
1088 is GTX590

<string>
0x06c010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0dc010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x0e2010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0ee010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0f0010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x104010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x124010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x108010de&amp;0xffe0ffff --> this is 580GTX and was added, change it to your device id
</string>

I followed the steps as listed here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t260074.html

added the following into my boot.apple.plist
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>
Note the empty value between the strings. Keep it that way.

About to test the Apple Graphics Power Management by setting my system identifier to 4.1 or 5.1.

3.1 as I understand it doesn't use the Apple Graphics Power Management (AGPM)

Will report here with my findings.

I also followed these guides, my GTX 580 works now (Gainward Phantom 3GB)

But as far as I can tell: no OpenGL:

Final Cut X crahses, Benchmarks in OpenGL Extensions Viewer causes System to freeze.

But its a start...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back