Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
jdehnert said:
HoochShepherd said:
You mean like the grey screen and the chameleon selection screen? There's a thread floating around, but it involves actually messing with firmware on your bios.

Keep in mind that I'm on an actual MacPro, not a Hackintosh, so chameleon isn't installed on my system. If it will address this issue, and not create any others, I'll install it.

Basically, I just want to be able to monitor the boot process again. I don't even know if this is an issue for a Hackintosh, but with the MacPro I don't see anything from the boot chime until I get to the log in screen. I know in the video where some person shows first one 580, then two 580's running bridged, he has the same issue. If someone had found a solution to that, I'll be 100% functional. :thumbup:

Oh, yeah DO NOT use chim with an actual Mac... I'm 90% sure it will hose your install.

GTX 560 how I got it working

GTX 560 (non-Ti)
Boot from DVD
Use Multibeast to apply Easy Beast (changes ncpi=0x2000) and (darkwake=0),etc
Modified the NVDAGF100Hal.kext/Contents/Info.Plist to include my device id 0x1201 under
THIS SECTION
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>
0x06c010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0dc010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x0e2010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0ee010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0f0010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x104010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x124010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x120110de&amp;0xffc0ffff
</string>
The red is the GTX 560 (non-ti) device ID
Fixed Permissions, reboot

Use Kext Wizard or something similar to install it to System/Library/Extensions, fix permissions, reboot
Now, to get OpenCL working totally,
So, open up a hex editor of your liking and do this:
open /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib (as root or with sudo)
find: 8B 87 1C 0C 00 00 89 06 8B 87 20 0C 00 00 89 02
replace by: 31 C0 FF C0 FF C0 89 06 31 C0 89 02 90 90 90 90
save
reboot is not required, but recommended
(I repaired permissions again just for good measure)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Hello,

I installed the 3 kext that are in the graphic bundle, however my 580 gtx (gigabyte 3gb version) is only getting 10.95 fps in cinebench and 588 in lux. Any suggestions? Also my mac profile is set to mac pro 5,1

Finally managed to get an OSX-Lion install working on my system; The only problem is I'm only getting 27FPS with my GTX580,

I used multi-beast and it seemed to work with the Graphics-Card; but then using the GTX580+CUDA package, made it so there is a strange blue-screen on login and boot up and also the obvious FPS issues :(

So I tried a fresh-install.

I'm not getting over 37FPS with my GTX 580.. Seems extremely low :(

chlywly said:
Finally managed to get an OSX-Lion install working on my system; The only problem is I'm only getting 27FPS with my GTX580,

I used multi-beast and it seemed to work with the Graphics-Card; but then using the GTX580+CUDA package, made it so there is a strange blue-screen on login and boot up and also the obvious FPS issues :(

----
Hi! With Cinebench I got 40,45 FPS and have used the C43 version for GTX580 from this http://iparsifal.org/osx/ and I think it is OK so far. Youtube in Google Chrome is having a transparant movie window (I see the desktop right through it) but maybe that is another problem.
BTW: Where did you find the Cuda package?

Cheers!

chlywly said:

For the GTX 580, so I prefer to have Graphics Mode empty in org.chameleon.Boot, and not use kernel cache, the yield figure is much better, and kext of:

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1942

chlywly said:

I am having the same problem. GTX 580 is not working exactly right even though I have QE/CI working fine. Everything works great but performance is weak.

I get 24fps in Cinebench 11.5 in OSX.

Now keep in mind though.. I get around 37fps in Cinebench 11.5 on Windows with GTX 580. So your 37fps might be in sync with mine.

Not sure what's up. I also have additional GTX 275 card in the machine, so I don't know if that's what is causing the problem.

Do you have only GTX 580 in your machine?

Re: ASUS GEFORCE GTX 570 DIRECTCU II Summary

jboehm said:
you have to be using a MacPro profile for those new drivers to even install

there is a modified driver at the link above..no need for Mac pro as system profiler... I have the Imac 12,2
But it needs additional Powermanagement kext.
Might be a better solution with time maybe... maybe it gets better result with 5,1 or 3,1
But I haven't tried yet.

Any Wizkid with that knowledge?
Accourding to http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/01/ ... ation.html
There is a huge diffrence with the system deffs. I have the 1155 cpu socket = Imac ( I do not think there is a Mac pro with those specs yet they are still on 1156?)
GTX 570-580 is a "future card" for the next osx as it has OOTB support for that card for the Mac pro.
So I do not know which system deff. I should actually use. Propably don't need to fiddle with powermanagement with the mac pro installs..but thats as far my teory goes...

But I do not know if this is good results why isn't the hertz/refresh rate showing up?
I have the Imac 12,2 System deffinition and the driver is for Mac pro 3,1 4,1 and 5,1 I belive. I had to add a powermanagement kext accourding to the description.

How I did it: viewtopic.php?p=330759#p330759
Result: viewtopic.php?p=331089#p331089

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back