Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.

I'm puzzled.

I have a fully working GTX 580 system.

If i switch to GTX 560 Ti, it doesn't boot anymore (I replace the device IDs in NVDA....kext and AGPM.kext)

What's the difference in installation methods that could be causing this?

It doesn't KP, it just loads everything in verbose, and then stops :D

theryman said:
jpa said:
new installer

This is an installer for GTX 5XX cards.
It will enable QE/CI, OpenGL and OpenCL.
Created with Netkas Aty_init.kext and Tonymacs GeforceGLDriver.bundle.
Should work on this cards:
-GTX 560
-GTX 560Ti
-GTX 560M
-GTX 570
-GTX 580
-GTX 590

http://www.osx86.net/view/2070-gtx_5xx_enabler.html

What about the GTX 570 HD, it has a different device id compared to the regular GTX 570; will it still work?

Hi there,
Could you tell us what exactly does this package installs? What is the difference between that one and the other that installs the most used kext package?

I wanted to chime in that after installing this new GTX 5XX Enabler for my GTX 750 I was able to remove all the custom device edits from my org.chameleon.boot.plist file that I had previously needed to get graphic acceleration. This allowed me to clean it up and fix my logging into the app store from lion. So far so good. Graphic speeds seem a smidgen slower than before but its not too bad.

ddorbuck said:
I wanted to chime in that after installing this new GTX 5XX Enabler for my GTX 750 I was able to

:?: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :?:

Could you guys post your benchmarks please? I'd like to know regarding the gtx 580. After the update, it's lower than before.

In novabench I get SCORE 427
And in cinebench I get 24

Does anyone have a higher score? Is that related to the powermanagement? What values do you use there?

Thanks.

felipelumen said:
Could you guys post your benchmarks please? I'd like to know regarding the gtx 580. After the update, it's lower than before.

Does anyone have a higher score? Is that related to the powermanagement? What values do you use there?

Thanks.

I'll run novabench tomorrow, but in the meantime..

Novabench is 1027
Cinebench is 41.19
Luxmark is 7274

felipelumen said:

Thanks.

I think you should be getting a much higher score in cinebench.
I'm getting ~30 fps in the opengl test with a gtx 560 ti and a q6600 processor running at 3.2Ghz. In Win 7, cinebench gives me ~37 fps.
Check your score running cinebench in Win 7 and see if there is a large difference.

I've tried to get my new Asus GTX 560 Ti to work for a couple of days now.
The build is fully working with the good old 9800GT in 10.7.2, but somehow I can't get it past apple logo without -x aka Safe Mode while using 560 Ti.
Any idea what might be wrong?

Edit: All's good. 10.7 was an update from 10.6.8. For some reason when I did clean 10.7 install 560 Ti is also working!

HoochShepherd said:
felipelumen said:

Thanks.

I'll run novabench tomorrow, but in the meantime..

Novabench is 1027
Cinebench is 41.19
Luxmark is 7274

Oh boy...
Could you please send me your applepowermanagement file?
I really don't know what else could I try to change here. I'm already using the right kexts from the updated ones for the 580. I think that my chameleon boot file is also ok.
Can you tell me exactly how did you achieve those values please?

Thanks a lot.

having the same problem wherein i see no .plist file to add my device ID. will download a prepped one if i have to but prefer to do it myself. thoughts?

also, if anyone would mind reviewing necessary steps for 5XX if you use the unibeast/10.7.2/multi4.1 method?

so far i've got:

add device ID to NVDAGF100Hal.kext
add empty graphics mode string to boot.apple.plist

other potentials include:

open CL enabler (i thought multi4.1 included this?)
installing CUDA drivers
something with the AGPM... not really clear from multiple posts

i've been browsing along here and so far haven't seen a real unified guide... and when i start the first step and don't have the .plist file, it makes me think these methods may not apply to me.

i'm new at this, so if anyone could clarify that would be awesome. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back