Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have anything in that kext only two folders one empty the other has something terminal in it.

I want to run two monitors and a better resolution than this.

It won't fill my 23 inch monitor nor will it detect my 2nd display.

Using one GTX 570

Ok, finally I got everything to work. It seems that the HDMI port on my Gainward GTX 570 doesn't work with Lion currently. It does work in Windows though. Booted to a black screen. Then I tried a DVI cable and there was the desktop with all selectable resolutions possible.

Working great guys thanks so much for the help.... Truly Truly appreciate it, have both 570's working in osx and sli'd in winblows for my games :") was a lil more challenging than i thought it would be but with a bit of patience and perseverance it paid off :) thank you so much

vic

i'm new to hackintosh,just build 1 but i dont know how to get the graphic card working...i have a nVidia Geforce GT 520M graphic.

new installer

This is an installer for GTX 5XX cards.
It will enable QE/CI, OpenGL and OpenCL.
Created with Netkas Aty_init.kext and Tonymacs GeforceGLDriver.bundle.
Should work on this cards:
-GTX 560
-GTX 560Ti
-GTX 560M
-GTX 570
-GTX 580
-GTX 590

http://www.osx86.net/view/2070-gtx_5xx_enabler.html

jpa said:
new installer

-GTX 560
-GTX 560Ti
-GTX 560M
-GTX 570
-GTX 580
-GTX 590

What about the GTX 570 HD, it has a different device id compared to the regular GTX 570; will it still work?

Ok.

I'm puzzled.

I have a fully working GTX 580 system.

If i switch to GTX 560 Ti, it doesn't boot anymore (I replace the device IDs in NVDA....kext and AGPM.kext)

What's the difference in installation methods that could be causing this?

It doesn't KP, it just loads everything in verbose, and then stops :D

theryman said:
jpa said:
new installer

-GTX 560
-GTX 560Ti
-GTX 560M
-GTX 570
-GTX 580
-GTX 590

What about the GTX 570 HD, it has a different device id compared to the regular GTX 570; will it still work?

Hi there,
Could you tell us what exactly does this package installs? What is the difference between that one and the other that installs the most used kext package?

I wanted to chime in that after installing this new GTX 5XX Enabler for my GTX 750 I was able to remove all the custom device edits from my org.chameleon.boot.plist file that I had previously needed to get graphic acceleration. This allowed me to clean it up and fix my logging into the app store from lion. So far so good. Graphic speeds seem a smidgen slower than before but its not too bad.

ddorbuck said:
I wanted to chime in that after installing this new GTX 5XX Enabler for my GTX 750 I was able to

:?: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back