Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK just in case you missed it. When you get that apple in the upper left hand corner. Try booting with -v (verbose mode) at the Boot screen. It always works for me and I get a significant graphics performance to boot. Hope this works for you too. You maybe have to look at the whole booting process in text but I believe it's worth the trade off till there a permanent fix. Or maybe there is and I ended up missing that one.

Anyhow, give it a shot. It can't hurt.

Good Luck!

Schimanski said:
diabolo said:
Hi,
i have problem with Asus GTX580.
i get very low opengl performance on CINEBENCH only 33 FPS and i saw people here with gtx 560 and got 50 FPS+-
why is that?
the steps i did:
1) change ID NVDAGF100Hal.kext to 1080
2)Graphics Mode to nothing
3)edit AGPM.kext
4)open Kext Utility
5)reboot

i have OpenGl and OpenCL enabled :)

just i dont understand why i get such a low performance... :(

Hey Diabolo,

did you also choose the right Smbios to your edits ind AGPM.Kext?

I also have a GTX580 from Asus, an I´m getting around 42FPS in Cinebench, wich is quite o.k., but I know, there is better results with 560ies, but some of them seem to use a 10.7.2 beta version, wich has newer nvidia drivers.

BR

Schimmi

Hi and thanks for the replay :)
do you have also this version ENGTX580 DCII/2DIS/1536MD5??
can you upload your AGPM kext? and which Smbios do you use?4,1?
and what is your 10.7.x? (10.7.2 or 10.7.1?)

thanks
Diabolo

I have a 2009 MacPro 2x2.93Ghz = 8 core machine, 24GB RAM, with the latest beta/GM of 10.7.2, and I own a MSI GTX 560TI and a HIS Ice Turbo X 6870 card. The 560TI never gets over 32/33 FPS, the 6870 is about 35/36 FPS in Cinebench, and that is without the AGPM.kext (removed to disable power management for full speed). So I have no idea how anybody can achieve higher values then that.

Has anyone found the OpenCL fix for the 11C73 build yet?

prolifix said:
Is there a post you could point us to on how to achieve this ?

THX,

Peter

ill do better - ill give you a graphical walkthrough

disclamer: im a *nix junky, so this is my rant.
--------
this is the EASIEST way. finder is for people who buy actual macs. dont bother with any other way, as we all know finder does weird things, doesnt have correct permissions, adds hidden .files and generally messes things up outside your /Users directory. [in my jaded biased experience]

so heres the way i would HIGHLY recommend as its the least invasive and most user friendly [as opposed to using a # prompt and vim]

9laYI.png

ShnKH.png

vAtbZ.png

FAYtl.png

after this, just run multibeast to repair kext's permissions and reboot. if you need to know your device ID and vendor ID, load your iboot CD, and just boot the retail DVD. if you dont know, iboot uses a modified open source darwin kernel from BSD, thats been extensively patched to allow all sorts of hardware to work, so if you open your system properties, you should see the correct hex regardless of whether the name shows up correctly or not.

CnF3q.png

also, the kexts and .bundles in my /s/l/e/ are from apple itself, so if you've made any kind of file swapping, you're probably going to need to reformat and start over unless you can find the exact version numbers i posted. i tried ripping out the whole lot from the retail 10.6.8 kexts from the nvidia website and it immediately KPed my whole system. [which forced me to have to reformat]

11B26 10.7.1 -- im running nothing beta, no 10.7.2 -- none of it. [why you would want to also is beyond me.]

Well, I tried it. I still get fuul res, but cinebench GL still crashes with a vengeance. No progress, I'm afraid.

Does your whole oc crash or just cinebench? I had my pc overclocked I think too high or improperly and it was always fine until I ran cinbench test it crash computer. Turning down OC helped. This is just a thought.

Hi,
i want to check something with you guys.
do you have also "lags" when you move a window on the screen? i dont know why but when i move for example my chrome windows from right to left my windows doesnt move smooth...

there is a way to fix it?

OK - so, I need something, my friends... help!

I have an Asus GTX 570 DCII 1280 MB, and tried to update my NVDAGF100HAL kext, and proceeded to screw up everything. (Guess I should stick with hardware!)

[*]I can only boot into 10.7.1 using rBoot & safe mode ( - x, right?)

[*]I think I need a 'vanilla' copy of NVDAGF100HAL.kext for Lion - anybody? Please?

[*]I've NEED audio desperately (for work!), and assume it will return when I get the above file and get out of 'safe mode". Am I right? Can audio drivers be loaded in safe mode?

Any more advice, based on what you see here? Thanks so much!

- S

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-09 at 12.08.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-09 at 12.08.45 AM.png
    31 KB · Views: 267
The whole thing goes down in flames. No OC, bonestock everything.

Sometimes it works. When, after installation, it comes up with the 'apple in the corner' everything works swell.
This time it was a new DSDT patch that ruined it. After that it came up in the 1024*768 boot screen, and then I KNOW I'm shagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back