Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
i want to check something with you guys.
do you have also "lags" when you move a window on the screen? i dont know why but when i move for example my chrome windows from right to left my windows doesnt move smooth...

there is a way to fix it?

OK - so, I need something, my friends... help!

I have an Asus GTX 570 DCII 1280 MB, and tried to update my NVDAGF100HAL kext, and proceeded to screw up everything. (Guess I should stick with hardware!)

[*]I can only boot into 10.7.1 using rBoot & safe mode ( - x, right?)

[*]I think I need a 'vanilla' copy of NVDAGF100HAL.kext for Lion - anybody? Please?

[*]I've NEED audio desperately (for work!), and assume it will return when I get the above file and get out of 'safe mode". Am I right? Can audio drivers be loaded in safe mode?

Any more advice, based on what you see here? Thanks so much!

- S

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-09 at 12.08.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-09 at 12.08.45 AM.png
    31 KB · Views: 267
The whole thing goes down in flames. No OC, bonestock everything.

Sometimes it works. When, after installation, it comes up with the 'apple in the corner' everything works swell.
This time it was a new DSDT patch that ruined it. After that it came up in the 1024*768 boot screen, and then I KNOW I'm shagged.

diabolo said:
Schimanski said:
diabolo said:
Hi,
i have problem with Asus GTX580.
i get very low opengl performance on CINEBENCH only 33 FPS and i saw people here with gtx 560 and got 50 FPS+-
why is that?
the steps i did:
1) change ID NVDAGF100Hal.kext to 1080
2)Graphics Mode to nothing
3)edit AGPM.kext
4)open Kext Utility
5)reboot

i have OpenGl and OpenCL enabled :)

just i dont understand why i get such a low performance... :(

Hey Diabolo,

did you also choose the right Smbios to your edits ind AGPM.Kext?

I also have a GTX580 from Asus, an I´m getting around 42FPS in Cinebench, wich is quite o.k., but I know, there is better results with 560ies, but some of them seem to use a 10.7.2 beta version, wich has newer nvidia drivers.

BR

Schimmi

Hi and thanks for the replay :)
do you have also this version ENGTX580 DCII/2DIS/1536MD5??
can you upload your AGPM kext? and which Smbios do you use?4,1?
and what is your 10.7.x? (10.7.2 or 10.7.1?)

thanks
Diabolo

I am using the latest 10.7.2 GM build.
Performance on my GTX580 is verry poor. Just about 12 fps in cinebench.
I don't know why but on 10.7.0 i got like 30fps, which is okay but still not even close to the performance on windows.
I am using the installtion method described by prolifix. But i guess he's right, you should stay on 10.7.0 if you got any 5xx card.

bah! upgraded my gts250 to to 580. Can't get my EVGA GTX 580 to play nice.
Everything worked with my 250. Sleep, sleep wake, ripples, chess.

Edited the NVHAL file and graphics power mgmt files with my device id
ran the Geforce patch in multi beast 4.0.2
Installed CUDA
Even tried the aty_int to S/L/E with the kext helper...

I do get full resolution on 2 moniters dvi/dvi...

setting Graphics Mode with a "null key" causes my computer to keep reseting at boot.. After many attempts I put a "space" between the <key> </key>. And it boots fine but with o without -v :

still no ripples
chess is black
computer never comes back from sleep

I'm on a 5,1 and 10.7.1

anything else i can do?

Hey all, I have a GTX 590 and have Full Res, OpenCL Patch applied and Cuda downloaded and installed. All appears well after adding in my device id to NVDAGF100Hal.kext.

Only issue is that OpenGL accelerated apps don't seem to work, OpenGL extension viewer, Chess, FinalCutX ect..

Now the funny part of all this is simple games from the AppStore seem to work.

Cant wait to get this fixed as I will have a fully functional system, I can swap out the 590 for a 580 I can get my hands on but I think I am better off with the 590 in the long run.

cuppatea said:
Hey all, I have a GTX 590 and have Full Res, OpenCL Patch applied and Cuda downloaded and installed. All appears well after adding in my device id to NVDAGF100Hal.kext.

Only issue is that OpenGL accelerated apps don't seem to work, OpenGL extension viewer, Chess, FinalCutX ect..

Now the funny part of all this is simple games from the AppStore seem to work.

Cant wait to get this fixed as I will have a fully functional system, I can swap out the 590 for a 580 I can get my hands on but I think I am better off with the 590 in the long run.

I updated to 10.7.2 ( beta ) and updated NVDA file with my divice id ( gtx580 ) and the GL patch/cuda.

Chess works but no ripple. Also can no longer wake from sleep ( freezes on wake; black screen)

I DID NOT put Graphics Mode with a null value in it. Will try that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back