Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nex7er said:
I reinstalled OS X following the iBoot + Multibeast + xMove + Multibeast guides. Got full resolution working via adding my device's id but no QE/CL/GL at all. I then updated to 10.7.1 and lost my resolution. Edited the HAL file again to add my device ID (1086 for 570 GTX) but it's still not going back to the normal resolution.

Help would be appreciated.

What card you running?

Alright, so I got the resolution back up by manually typing this at bootup: GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v ncpi=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1

Weird.

Still no QE/CL/GL. Can't view Youtube or anything. :<

I'm also having issues with my GTX 580. It was working perfectly but since I've updated to MB 4.0.2 I'm not having full support.

The only way I can get it to work is by booting in verbose mode (-v). And I don't why.

I'm no expert, so excuse me if I sound no0b. :?

Here are some stuff (related to GTX 5xx graphic support) I notice since they change the com.apple.Boot.plist file to org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

For some reason I cannot get it to apply this essential key:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

This key was the responsible for putting Apple's logo at the top left corner in the start up. But hey, we had full graphic support :clap:. But now it doesn't seem to work. It's like a dead key or something. For now I'll have to settle up with verbose mode... :|

Hope this info helps in anyway.

Here's my Boot.plist settings:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Hide Partition</key>
	<string>System Reserved</string>
	<key>Instant Menu</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=x86_64</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

juanky said:
I'm also having issues with my GTX 580. It was working perfectly but since I've updated to MB 4.0.2 I'm not having full support.

The only way I can get it to work is by booting in verbose mode (-v). And I don't why.

I'm no expert, so excuse me if I sound no0b. :?

Here are some stuff (related to GTX 5xx graphic support) I notice since they change the com.apple.Boot.plist file to org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

For some reason I cannot get it to apply this essential key:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

This key was the responsible for putting Apple's logo at the top left corner in the start up. But hey, we had full graphic support :clap:. But now it doesn't seem to work. It's like a dead key or something. For now I'll have to settle up with verbose mode... :|

Hope this info helps in anyway.

Here's my Boot.plist settings:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Hide Partition</key>
	<string>System Reserved</string>
	<key>Instant Menu</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=x86_64</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

i was having some problems too with my GTX 580 and "Chameleon Wizard" fix my problems:) just press update..

theres a huge number of really bad info in this thread. :banghead:

im going to write up how i just got my shiz to work, 100%, and hopefully clear up the nonsense in here so people do not need to reformat after borking their systems like i did.

disclamer: im only single monitor, so this may differ.
---
the only thing i maintained was... really nothing at all. as long as chimera stays put, your ok for just about anything. so heres what i did, exactly, with version numbers. my specs are in my profile.

boot with iboot 3.1.1 CD
load system utilities, made note hardware info for graphics.
i have a 560 TI from evga so my vendor is 0x10de
device id is 0x1200
install retail 10.6.3 from my retail DVD
reboot via iboot CD, load installed 10.6.3
ran the update helper for sandy britches
reboot via iboot CD again
ran combo update to 10.6.8
reboot with iboot CD again
multiboot 3.9, userDSDT, system utilities, OSX software. thats IT! [chimera 1.5.4 r1394]
reboot and run chimera off the HDD
copy lion install apk from a backup DVD i made when i originally downloaded lion off itunes
mount the dmg from lion install (explore the package, its in one of the top directories.)
run xcopy, reboot
at chimera, load my second partition
install lion
reboot from HDD
installed multibeast 4.0.2 -> userDSDT, system utilities, fermi CL enabler, realtek acl8xx audio, and PCI Root ID Fix. thats IT.
update to 10.7.1 just fine, reboot from the HDD no problems. chimera's still there! wee! :clap:
now, ALL I DID at this point, was modify the plist inside s/l/e/nvdagf100hal.kext/Contents/MacOS/Info.plist with my own string.
and find the IOPCIPrimaryMatch section in the xml and add in my device ID with my vendor ID. 0x120010de <- thats it. just that. make the string look like the rest with the &amp;0xffc0ffff
last stop -> /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
make sure under kernel flags that the only two parameters are PCIRootUID=1 and npci-0x2000 are there. make sure to enter in a blank graphics mode parameter, and set graphics enabler to Yes.
save
rerun multibeast and select system utilities only.
reboot
h5Vfv.png

???
profit :headbang: btw personal note - frack XML!!! JSON for days, son!

also NVDAGF100Hal 7.4.10 270.05.05f01 just for version number references
[e]another screenshot for those that like e-peen
5lmdx.png

prolifix said:
now, ALL I DID at this point, was modify the plist inside s/l/e/nvdagf100hal.kext/Contents/MacOS/Info.plist with my own string.

Is there a post you could point us to on how to achieve this ?

THX,

Peter

diabolo said:
i was having some problems too with my GTX 580 and "Chameleon Wizard" fix my problems:) just press update..

Thanks for the help, but that didn't make any change :cry:

Here's the version of Chameleon I updated to:
Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 8.12.58 AM.png

I also have the latest version of Chameleon Wizard:
Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 8.12.29 AM.png

I even downloaded and installed the standalone package:
Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 8.13.30 AM.png

I'm gonna try prolifix method ("add PCIRootUID=1 and npci-0x2000") to my Kernel Flags and report my progress. I've heard in other threads that it hasn't worked, but let's try and see.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 8.12.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 8.12.58 AM.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 240
  • Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 8.12.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 8.12.29 AM.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 241
  • Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 8.13.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 8.13.30 AM.png
    173.8 KB · Views: 246
  • Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 8.59.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 8.59.24 AM.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 204
As I expected, adding PCIRootUID=1 and npci=0x2000 to the Kernel Flags did not helped.

Is there a post you could point us to on how to achieve this ?

THX,

Peter

ill do better - ill give you a graphical walkthrough

disclamer: im a *nix junky, so this is my rant.
--------
this is the EASIEST way. finder is for people who buy actual macs. dont bother with any other way, as we all know finder does weird things, doesnt have correct permissions, adds hidden .files and generally messes things up outside your /Users directory. [in my jaded biased experience]

so heres the way i would HIGHLY recommend as its the least invasive and most user friendly [as opposed to using a # prompt and vim]

9laYI.png

ShnKH.png

vAtbZ.png

FAYtl.png

after this, just run multibeast to repair kext's permissions and reboot. if you need to know your device ID and vendor ID, load your iboot CD, and just boot the retail DVD. if you dont know, iboot uses a modified open source darwin kernel from BSD, thats been extensively patched to allow all sorts of hardware to work, so if you open your system properties, you should see the correct hex regardless of whether the name shows up correctly or not.

CnF3q.png

also, the kexts and .bundles in my /s/l/e/ are from apple itself, so if you've made any kind of file swapping, you're probably going to need to reformat and start over unless you can find the exact version numbers i posted. i tried ripping out the whole lot from the retail 10.6.8 kexts from the nvidia website and it immediately KPed my whole system. [which forced me to have to reformat]

11B26 10.7.1 -- im running nothing beta, no 10.7.2 -- none of it. [why you would want to also is beyond me.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back