Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any idea about my previous question please?

i told pastrychef that some of those cards depending on the manufacturer has different ways to make them work
i'm not going to say that it shouldn't be or it should be that way
but that's the way it is

let me explain , let's take a 560 for example but this can also happens with any other model
i think the problem is that some manufacturers make changes to the card bios
or simply the device id changes from different card revisions or different manufacturers and that is what might cause the problem

going back to the 560 as an exmple
let's say a 560 works right, then by default all 560 should also works
most of the time is like that
but every once in a while a card that works in mac os
well the same card but diferent manufacturer might not work

there are a few cases but it does happens

what some people do that i don't recommend is that they use the bios from a supported card
let's say a bios from a supported 560 to make their card work

i made some installations a while back with a 560, a 570 and a 580
and they only one that gave me a hard time was the 570

i tried the same solution that i used with the 560 but that didn't work with the 570

the 580 was natively supported so that one was the easiest one

like a said before , yes the kepler are old but at least are a bit more compatible
because you don't even need to set up any flag or change any setting in clover

i tried 650, 740, 770 and 780 and they work without any modification
simply install the card and boot up the pc

the only thing i recommend for you is to look to see if there is a new bios version for your card
but don't use any other card bios

use the bios that are made for your card, download them from the manufacturer web site
some times that fixes the problem

if you have never flash or updated your board or card bios
then don't do it and leave it like that

i don't want you to damage your card

also there is a big risk of bricking your card if you don't have a UPS battery
a black out right in the middle of a flash can render your card useless

i can check to see if i found how i manage to install the 560 maybe that same method might work for you
too, with your 570

there is something i need to check or see, can you post the link to your card
because there might be another posibility
but i need to see your card

Last edited:
my apologies for the double post but i needed to make the previous post smaller and also i only have time to write this now

some AMD cards only support multi monitors only by using active adapters
so a AMD card that has the option for 3 monitors or more can only let you use 2 monitors at once
this depends on the card not all AMD cards are like this
but if your AMD card doesn't have a 6 PIN OR 8 pin conector then this might be the case

in order for you to use the 3rd or 4th monitor then you need to buy an active adapter

i learn this when i installed some monitors for security cameras , the owner didn't want to spend any money for power supplies because the nvidia cards require a power supply with 6 and 8 pin conectors

so he bought some AMD cards that didn't need or require the power supply power connectors
big mistake

when all the cards arrived , i started installing the monitors but after the 2nd monitor then monitor 3 and the 4th monitor didn't want to work

after i found out about the problem , he ordered the pasive adapters
after we received the adapters as soon as i connected the monitors to the adapters

all 4 monitors from each card were working flawlessly

so most likely that is your problem

that's why i told you that i need it the link to see your card
but i decided to write this now because i only have time now

if you card has a HDMI a DISPLAY PORT and a DVI
then maybe the DVI is legacy and it needs an active adapter

THAT MIGHT NOT BE THE CASE BUT I JUST WANTED TO SAHRE THE INFO AND THE EXPERIENCE

note
it has to be an active adapter, a passive adapter will not work

Last edited:
i told pastrychef that some of those cards depending on the manufacturer has different ways to make them work
i'm not going to say that it shouldn't be or it should be that way
but that's the way it is

let me explain , let's take a 560 for example but this can also happens with any other model
i think the problem is that some manufacturers make changes to the card bios
or simply the device id changes from different card revisions or different manufacturers and that is what might cause the problem

How is this any different from the non-reference Nvidia cards that companies like EVGA or Gigabyte sells? They all modify the BIOS. That's why they all ship with different clock speeds.

This is why some GTX 680s had trouble when trying to flash them for boot screens for MacPro3,1-MacPro5,1 while others had no trouble being flashed.

If you stick with a reference card, it will behave the same whether it's from Sapphire or PowerColor. If there were differences, they wouldn't be "reference".

How is this any different from the non-reference Nvidia cards that companies like EVGA or Gigabyte sells? They all modify the BIOS. That's why they all ship with different clock speeds.

This is why some GTX 680s had trouble when trying to flash them for boot screens for MacPro3,1-MacPro5,1 while others had no trouble being flashed.

If you stick with a reference card, it will behave the same whether it's from Sapphire or PowerColor. If there were differences, they wouldn't be "reference".
there been some weird cases when that happens, i don't know why but it has happened a few times in the past
maybe now it doesn't happen as often as it once did in the past or it might not happen at all anymore
but like i said there been some weird cases

even with cards that are natively supported

that's why i didn't even want to say anything because is hard to believe by some people
and is also a little bit hard to explain for me

but i'm aware that it has happened with some cards and some models in the past

cheers

my apologies for the double post but i needed to make the previous post smaller and also i only have time to write this now

some AMD cards only support multi monitors only by using active adapters
so a AMD card that has the option for 3 monitors or more can only let you use 2 monitors at once
this depends on the card not all AMD cards are like this
but if your AMD card doesn't have a 6 PIN OR 8 pin conector then this might be the case

in order for you to use the 3rd or 4th monitor then you need to buy an active adapter

i learn this when i installed some monitors for security cameras , the owner didn't want to spend any money for power supplies because the nvidia cards require a power supply with 6 and 8 pin conectors

so he bought some AMD cards that didn't need or require the power supply power connectors
big mistake

when all the cards arrived , i started installing the monitors but after the 2nd monitor then monitor 3 and the 4th monitor didn't want to work

after i found out about the problem , he ordered the pasive adapters
after we received the adapters as soon as i connected the monitors to the adapters

all 4 monitors from each card were working flawlessly

so most likely that is your problem

that's why i told you that i need it the link to see your card
but i decided to write this now because i only have time now

if you card has a HDMI a DISPLAY PORT and a DVI
then maybe the DVI is legacy and it needs an active adapter

THAT MIGHT NOT BE THE CASE BUT I JUST WANTED TO SAHRE THE INFO AND THE EXPERIENCE

note
it has to be an active adapter, a passive adapter will not work
Thank you so much for explaining it to me Gogeta-Blue
The weird thing is that all three displays are showing in hackintool and the display settings menu in the os.
All three screens turn on, however as soon as i turn on the third screen I get random glitches in the images.

This is the link to the exact card I bought:

The card is also connected to an 8pin power connector ..

I'd really like to get the third monitor to work so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Are there any known issues with Mojave and the reference GTX 680 (non-Mac edition)? I’ve been trying to upgrade to Mojave but I don’t seem to have any GPU acceleration and I can’t seem to get a second monitor to work.

I was previously running Sierra with no problems. I’m currently installing High Sierra and it seems to boot to the installer on first or second tries, whilst Mojave required a bit more work, additional bootflags and multiple tries.

My GPU must be working to an extent as my CPU has no integrated GPU. In the “About This Mac” it didn’t mention the GTX 680, it just said ”Nvidia Chip Model 3 MB.” (Updated with correct wording.)

Thank you.

Last edited:
Are there any known issues with Mojave and the reference GTX 680 (non-Mac edition)? I’ve been trying to upgrade to Mojave but I don’t seem to have any GPU acceleration and I can’t seem to get a second monitor to work.

I was previously running Sierra with no problems. I’m currently installing High Sierra and it seems to boot to the installer on first or second tries, whilst Mojave required a bit more work, additional bootflags and multiple tries.

My GPU must be working to an extent as my CPU has no integrated GPU. In the “About this Mac” it didn’t mention Nvidia, it just said something along the lines of ~”System 3MB.”

Thank you.

No known issues. The GTX 680 should work with Mojave with its built-in drivers.

No known issues. The GTX 680 should work with Mojave with its built-in drivers.
Thank you for your quick reply. I’ve installed High Sierra afresh on a SSD, everything seems to be working including the GPU (+ dual monitors) and to my surprise also the sound.

I’m going to try giving it an update to Mojave rather than a fresh install and hopefully that works well. I’ll reply back with the findings. :)

Update: I’ve updated High Sierra to Mojave and I can confirm everything works when following this method. The GPU, dual monitors, sound and all. I’m really impressed with it, Mojave works perfect so far. :)

Thank you for your help all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back