Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for explaining it to me Gogeta-Blue
The weird thing is that all three displays are showing in hackintool and the display settings menu in the os.
All three screens turn on, however as soon as i turn on the third screen I get random glitches in the images.

This is the link to the exact card I bought:

The card is also connected to an 8pin power connector ..

I'd really like to get the third monitor to work so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again
after seeing your card
i think your card should work without the need of any adapter

are your 3 monitors, the same brand and model?

i think the monitors should work fine if you connect them via Display Port
i think any combination will do as long as you excludes the dvi conector

how you have them setup?

3 DP
2 DP 1 DVI
2 DP 1 HDMI
1 DP 1 HDMI 1 DVI

something very important is, if you are using different monitors
brands or models
some times a monitor can go up to certain resolution while the other monitor can go to a higher resolution

this is a known factor when a person uses different brands and one of the monitors has support for higher resolution

if all of your 3 monitor can 1080p then you should not have any problem
but if 2 of your monitor do 1080p and the other can only do something like 1366 or 720p
then the 3rd monitor is not going to work because it doesn't support the same resolution as the other 2

the only way to make all of them work is to lower the resolution of the two 1080p to match the one that is 1366 or 720

that is just and example

if all your monitor are the same then this is not the problem

if some of them are diferent then that might be the problem
you need to find out the maximum supported resolution for each monitor
and make sure all 3 monitors are using the same resolution
so all 3 of them can work at the same time

hope you understand what i'm trying to say

Last edited:
after seeing your card
i think your card should work without the need of any adapter

are your 3 monitors, the same brand and model?

i think the monitors should work fine if you connect them via Display Port
i think any combination will do as long as you excludes the dvi conector

how you have them setup?

3 DP
2 DP 1 DVI
2 DP 1 HDMI
1 DP 1 HDMI 1 DVI

something very important is, if you are using different monitors
brands or models
some times a monitor can go up to certain resolution while the other monitor can go to a higher resolution

this is a known factor when a person uses different brands and one of the monitors has support for higher resolution

if all of your 3 monitor can 1080p then you should not have any problem
but if 2 of your monitor do 1080p and the other can only do something like 1366 or 720p
then the 3rd monitor is not going to work because it doesn't support the same resolution as the other 2

the only way to make all of them work is to lower the resolution of the two 1080p to match the one that is 1366 or 720

that is just and example

if all your monitor are the same then this is not the problem

if some of them are diferent then that might be the problem
you need to find out the maximum supported resolution for each monitor
and make sure all 3 monitors are using the same resolution
so all 3 of them can work at the same time

hope you understand what i'm trying to say
all three monitors are hooked to the graphics card via display port.
I tried to make the resolution of all three screens the same (1920x1080), the screen resolution does not seem to affect the end result.
What is constant is that only DP 2 and 3 work. ALL the other ports (DP, HDMI, and DVI) give the black screen.

I'm thinking maybe its the power cord to the GPU? the cord is a 6pin with a 2pin attachment. Will that affect anything? do it have to be a direct 8 pin connector?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 5.59.13 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 5.59.13 pm.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 5.59.32 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 5.59.32 pm.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 148
all three monitors are hooked to the graphics card via display port.
I tried to make the resolution of all three screens the same (1920x1080), the screen resolution does not seem to affect the end result.
What is constant is that only DP 2 and 3 work. ALL the other ports (DP, HDMI, and DVI) give the black screen.

I'm thinking maybe its the power cord to the GPU? the cord is a 6pin with a 2pin attachment. Will that affect anything? do it have to be a direct 8 pin connector?
maybe is the conector that you mentioned
is better to have a power supply that already comes with those cables so you don't need to use any adapters
because that power supply bring those connectors because it can supply enough current to power up the entire system

maybe you are using a conector and you power supply doesn't have enough power or juice

so yes it might be the power supply or the connector
i thought you had a modular power supply
while it doesn't need to be a modular power supply
it can be a regular power supply but with enough watts

what is the number of your watts power supply or deliver?

you can go to power supply calculator and enter your system info and it can give a very close estimate of what power supply your system needs in order to work properly

but i will say that if is lower than 600 then you might need a better power supply

a few things you can do is

update your card bios but i will leave that as last resort

change your smbios maybe with another smbios you can get all 3 monitors working

buy a molex to 8 pin GPU connector that is if your power supply got enough free molex connectors
that way you can supply the right amount of current to the GPU
better than that 6 to 8 adapter

also you can open a help treath, post the link so we can move there for troubleshooting

also you can just forget about it for now because Catalina is coming out soon
so don't stress too much trying to get them working with Mojave
if you plan to move to Catalina

but if you plan to stay on Mojave them you should try to get them to work

:thumbup:

EDIT
you can download MSI live update 6 and check for bios update
just to see if there is an update available, the good thing is that you won't brick your card by flashing the card with the wrong bios

you decide if you want to update your bios or not but you can just check if there is an upadte available
maybe your card has some old bios

i have encounter that problem before that multi monitor sometimes don't work and after updating the bios to the latest then they work

but that is your decision if you want to do that or not
i can do it easily but if i were to recommend a method the live update is the best way
to avoid flashing with the wrong bios that can happen if the person download and upadte the bios manually with the wrong bios

best of luck

Last edited:
Hello Guys, I'm gniubbo but I have installed correctly Mojave. Than it don't recognize the Nvidia GPU I have a Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB but the system see only 256mb and vlc flickering always. I've installed the driver from GitHub but nothing change. could you help me please? thank you
luca

could you help me please?
There are no Mojave drivers for your GTX 1050.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Thank you I've recently changed the GPU due to new installation. In you opinion driver will be issue? witch GPU must have? thank you!!

Thank you I've recently changed the GPU due to new installation. In you opinion driver will be issue? witch GPU must have? thank you!!

A good alternative to the 1050 is an RX 570. The smoothest install for me was the ASRock Phantom Gaming D OC RX 570 8GB

Sorry another question, why Preview (also with space bar) don't work? it's normal? its related to GPU ?
thank you

Sorry another question, why Preview (also with space bar) don't work? it's normal? its related to GPU ?
thank you

which i7 are you using? You need to enable the iGPU in bios (just don't hook a monitor to it) or search the forums on how to get "Quick Look" working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back