Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys,

spoke too soon....

I bought an rx570 .. its is fully recoginsed in the os .. all appears to work ok EXCEPT

one of my three monitors is showing a black screen only ... the monitor is regonised in the display settings however nothing but black on the monitor..

I've trying switching ports and cables..

It seems that one of the 3 DP is not showing the black screen as well as the HDMI port as well...

I'd appreciate any insight..

Thank you

In terms of bang-for-buck and compatibility, I think Vega 56es are really great right now. Brand new examples can be found for ~$270 now.

About a month or two back, I got a used Red Dragon Vega 56 with Samsung HBM for $260 and it's really very powerful, albeit at the expense of high power consumption.

The one issue that makes me a little apprehensive about recommending it is that both @mm2margaret and I couldn't get video through HDMI. Use DisplayPort and it's completely plug-n-play.

The W7000 only has a couple of things going for it. 1) Wide compatibility. It works on anything a radeon 7xxx card works on, MacOS 10.8.3 or newer. 2) Single slot GPU. If you have an M-ATX motherboard, it kinda hurts to lose 2 slots to the GPU leaving only 1 or 2 PCIe slots available. I guess you could consider the fact that it only requires 1 6-pin cable (<150w?) an advantage tool.

I am looking forward to playing with the WX4100 and WX5100 cards eventually as they seem to be the most powerful options available for very small cases. The 2 slot cards like the RX560 and RX570 are too close to the bottom of the case and they have no room to breathe. It's a personal problem I guess because I really love the Lian-Li PC-TU100 cases. I love having a powerful computer in a case the size of a woman's overnight case.

Have bought rx580 after maining, works out of the box

The W7000 only has a couple of things going for it. 1) Wide compatibility. It works on anything a radeon 7xxx card works on, MacOS 10.8.3 or newer. 2) Single slot GPU. If you have an M-ATX motherboard, it kinda hurts to lose 2 slots to the GPU leaving only 1 or 2 PCIe slots available. I guess you could consider the fact that it only requires 1 6-pin cable (<150w?) an advantage tool.

I am looking forward to playing with the WX4100 and WX5100 cards eventually as they seem to be the most powerful options available for very small cases. The 2 slot cards like the RX560 and RX570 are too close to the bottom of the case and they have no room to breathe. It's a personal problem I guess because I really love the Lian-Li PC-TU100 cases. I love having a powerful computer in a case the size of a woman's overnight case.

Yeah, for single slot solutions, choices are very limited.

I was always tempted to pick up a WX4100 to play with but was too cheap to take the plunge. Lol

I have used mATX boards for all my builds. Losing the PCI-e x1 slot next to the first PCI-e x16 slot is almost a given. This leaves me with one PCI-e x16 and one x1 slot that can still be used. Fortunately, that's been enough for me. The only other card I really need is a 10GBase-T card.

I picked up a PCI-e x1 riser to see if I could make use of the PCI-e x1 slot that's blocked by my video card but never got around to playing with it...
s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg

Must've been a while ago...

On Mojave, I've worked with two different RX 560s, RX 580, two different Vegas, and Radeon VII. None have required any tweaking of Clover. Some of them even work fine without WhateverGreen.

Did all the ports work out of the box pastrychef?

Just plugged in my RX570 and only 2 ports are outputting a video signal ...

any idea?

Did all the ports work out of the box pastrychef?

Just plugged in my RX570 and only 2 ports are outputting a video signal ...

any idea?

For DisplayPort, WhateverGreen was needed to enable all the DisplayPorts. Without WhateverGreen, only one of the DisplayPorts work.

On my RX 560s and the RX 580, I tested HDMI with WhateverGreen and they worked too.

On my Red Dragon Vega 56, HDMI gave black screen near the end of the macOS boot process. The Apple logo will appear and progress bar will go about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way and the screen would go black.

For DisplayPort, WhateverGreen was needed to enable all the DisplayPorts. Without WhateverGreen, only one of the DisplayPorts work.

On my RX 560s and the RX 580, I tested HDMI with WhateverGreen and they worked too.

On my Red Dragon Vega 56, HDMI gave black screen near the end of the macOS boot process. The Apple logo will appear and progress bar will go about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way and the screen would go black.
what's happening to me is exactly what you described for your Red Dragon V56 ...

Excuse the noob question.. can you please run me through how to set WhateverGreen? I ticked the box in MultiBeast ...

But still only 2/3 display ports are working...

Whats the correct way of doing it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 7.19.17 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 7.19.17 pm.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 82
what's happening to me is exactly what you described for your Red Dragon V56 ...

Excuse the noob question.. can you please run me through how to set WhateverGreen? I ticked the box in MultiBeast ...

But still only 2/3 display ports are working...

Whats the correct way of doing it?

No, CoreGraphicsFixup is not needed.

I'm assuming you have all your hackintosh kexts installed in /Library/Extensions/.

1. You can use Hackintool to download Lilu and WhateverGreen.
  2. Put both kexts on your desktop.
  3. Launch KextBeast.
  4. Done.

No, CoreGraphicsFixup is not needed.

I'm assuming you have all your hackintosh kexts installed in /Library/Extensions/.

1. You can use Hackintool to download Lilu and WhateverGreen.
  2. Put both kexts on your desktop.
  3. Launch KextBeast.
  4. Done.
Now I can see three display in Hackintool however the third display shows a black screen...

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 7.58.08 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 7.58.08 pm.png
    156.7 KB · Views: 115
Now I can see three display in Hackintool however the third display shows a black screen...

What am I doing wrong?

I have no idea. I only have one monitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back