Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we give up waiting for web drivers? Or is that any light at the end of the tunnel?

Should we give up waiting for web drivers? Or is that any light at the end of the tunnel?

I haven't seen any light at the end of the tunnel for more than a year. I already moved on and got Radeon RX 580 few months ago.

I haven't seen any light at the end of the tunnel for more than a year. I already moved on and got Radeon RX 580 few months ago.
ok it might not be a light at the end of the tunnel just yet, maybe it will take some more time like pascal that took almost a year, just to be clear it hasn't been a year yet, Mojave was release on September 24 2018 and today is April 12 for simplicity let's just pretend that today is April 24 so if I count correctly it been 7 months not a year like you mentioned, I do agreed that it feels like an eternity, I might also confess that I been thinking about selling my RTX 2080 before the price start to go down, I was thinking about the 7nm AMD GPU but I really don't like the card design, I found one that I like and that one is a RX580, I'm very upset because I like my Nvidia card. I was also thinking about buying just a RX 580 for now and hold on to my RTX 2080 a bit longer, this whole situation is infuriating, I'm just waiting for AORUS to see if they release a new AMD 7nm with a cool design so I can make the jump, if you check the Nvidia 2080's the have many different cool designs but they only have one ugly AMD 7nm which will ruin the look of my build, I think I will wait till 10.15 then I will wait no more.

I gave up waiting a couple of months ago too. Sold my 1050ti and bought a Radeon RX580. Do it, sell your Nvidia card now and get yourself a card that works OOB. You won’t regret it.

thanks for the advice
I do have a Nvidia 740 that I bought cheap as a temporary replacement
the 740 also works OOTB with Mojave but those are old Kepler cards
while the work pretty well with FCP, I do hate having to switch the cards when is gaming time on windows

if I get an AMD card it won't be nothing less than a 580
but I can buy the 580 without having to sell my RTX
what I was thinking or planning to do was buying AMD latest 7nm card
I think I can easily sell my RTX 2080 for 500 and then use the 200 that I was going to use for the 580
and with those 700 I can buy the new AMD 7nm card

I think that is the smartest thing to do, because i will like to have one of the best card that AMD has to offer
and is also the latest, I read some where that those cards are working with the latest 10.14.5 beta

i'm just going to wait one more month but I'm not waiting for Nvidia , I'm waiting for AORUS to see if they come out with a new design

if not then I just get a 580

regards

Last edited:
ok it might not be a light at the end of the tunnel just yet, maybe it will take some more time like pascal that took almost a year, just to be clear it hasn't been a year yet, Mojave was release on September 24 2018 and today is April 12 for simplicity let's just pretend that today is April 24 so if I count correctly it been 7 months not a year like you mentioned, I do agreed that it feels like an eternity, I might also confess that I been thinking about selling my RTX 2080 before the price start to go down, I was thinking about the 7nm AMD GPU but I really don't like the card design, I found one that I like and that one is a RX580, I'm very upset because I like my Nvidia card. I was also thinking about buying just a RX 580 for now and hold on to my RTX 2080 a bit longer, this whole situation is infuriating, I'm just waiting for AORUS to see if they release a new AMD 7nm with a cool design so I can make the jump, if you check the Nvidia 2080's the have many different cool designs but they only have one ugly AMD 7nm which will ruin the look of my build, I think I will wait till 10.15 then I will wait no more.
Forget the design. Get the RX580. I have and it works great. Easy macOS updates, buttery smooth experience in Premiere Pro. Can’t ask for anything more.

Forget the design. Get the RX580. I have and it works great. Easy macOS updates, buttery smooth experience in Premiere Pro. Can’t ask for anything more.
I wish I can but I can't then every time I look at my computer I'm just going to get mad
and I will never be happy or satisfied
my computer has a perfect match on color and brand
I spent way too much money to screw it up now
I have a 7000 US dollars hackintosh tower
I think the hardest part was just accepting to move on
all my cards has always been Nvidia, I really like Mac os
I can't stand window, I only use windows for gaming when a good game comes out
for everything else I use Mac OS

if I waited this long a little bit more is not going to hurt
I just want something that I like so I don't regret my decision

:headbang:

Pascal drivers were released approx 9 months after Pascal was introduced, however, during those 9 months, Nvidia continued to release web drivers that supported Kepler and Maxwell. This time, it has been very different. No drivers at all for Mojave.

I wish I can but I can't then every time I look at my computer I'm just going to get mad
and I will never be happy or satisfied
my computer has a perfect match on color and brand
I spent way too much money to screw it up now
I have a 7000 US dollars hackintosh tower
I think the hardest part was just accepting to move on
all my cards has always been Nvidia, I really like Mac os
I can't stand window, I only use windows for gaming when a good game comes out
for everything else I use Mac OS

if I waited this long a little bit more is not going to hurt
I just want something that I like so I don't regret my decision

:headbang:
Although I found my Gigabyte AORUS RX580 to be very stylish with those LED lights etc and matching with my AORUS motherboard, I use my computer as a tool. I was never much into “looks”, and I’m a woman lol.

For me, I’d rather enjoy life now than have hardware just sitting there.

Although I found my Gigabyte AORUS RX580 to be very stylish with those LED lights etc and matching with my AORUS motherboard, I use my computer as a tool. I was never much into “looks”, and I’m a woman lol.

For me, I’d rather enjoy life now than have hardware just sitting there.

Agree. Personally, when it comes to my computer, function trumps form. Since moving to my Vega, everything has just been so much smoother.

I'm still bitter that I was forced to replace the GTX 1080 that I spent about $500 on, then spend over $700 on a Vega. But the smoothness in macOS with the Vega and how everything "just works" has been priceless. Even gaming in Windows has been great for me. (I did pretty well with the silicon lottery and ended up with a Vega that clocks pretty well and runs quite cool.)

I"m looking forward to the release of macOS 10,14.5 to see how the Radeon VII runs and may end up with one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back